TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 683,280 travelers just like you!

Real_PeaceWarrior
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug I

Name: Iain
Hometown: Blackpool, England, UK
Location: Salford, England, UK
Website: www.malloryontravel.com
Join Date: July 29, 2008
Contributions: Real_PeaceWarrior has written about 57 places, shared 1,053 photos, left 6,083 comments, and smiled 5,765 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Cuba
Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
Patagonia, Argentina
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English (still learning), german (a little rusty now), spanish (learning), french (learning).
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
There are of course so many, but if I had to pick just one .......... a multi-activity trip to Colorado with a large group of friends,we called it the Pepsi-Max tour because we managed to fit in so many different activities,and a few nights out too. Though travelling on a Hercules transport plane can never be forgotten either!
Profile
A lot of my early travels were the benefit of serving in the military. I was in the Army Physical Training Corps and when I wasn't causing people to lose their lunch on my gym floors I was arranging and participating in a number of expeditions to various parts of the world. This was pretty cool, especially when the rest of my units were on exercise in places not nearly as pleasant!

Somebody once said: "Take only photographs, leave only footprints" much kudos and respect to them and more importantly give them a very large beer!

I have a philosophy which I attempt to stick to; 'Only have regrets about things you have done, not those you haven't'.

Hold that thought ............ cuz I've given up being a slave to the wage and I want to visit every stunning viewpoint, every secluded cove, every mountain top, every remote valley or glen, every island paradise this great planet of ours has to offer, and to touch all corners of it. Ambitious, unrealistic .......... of course, but hey it'll be fun trying and what else have I got planned anyway! When I finish I'm either gonna write a book entitled '1001 Places Not Yet Published That You Absolutely, Without Fail, Definately Must Visit Before You Start To Feel Slightly Off Colour', or I could start-up a travel related business of my own, either way I can consider the trip WORK EXPERIENCE. Making the most of delays and chilling around the British mountains for now!

If I could hold a dinner party for anybody, living or otherwise, my guest list would be: George Mallory, Robert Scott, Muhammud Ali, Ellen MacArthur, Ranulph Fiennes, Bruce Lee, Eric Liddell, Reinhold Messner, David Attenborough, Heinrich Harrer, Nelson Mandela and Che Guevara. Yadi, Keiko, Luci Bella, Brenda and Kathy have joined the party, so the guest list has become even more distinguished, Brenda and Kathy are bringing the wine. There are still a few spare seats .... anybody else wanna join us?
Petra2111 says:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!!! Have an awesome 2012!! Hugs and Kisses Petra
Posted on: Dec 25, 2011
Real_PeaceWarrior says:
Hey everybody, and special thanks to all those that sent good wishes for the new award. I am a little bit confused as to how I qualified when not been on here or submitted anything for sometime. Can only assume it was on number of smiles or something :S
Posted on: May 07, 2011
solskinnpige75 says:
Congrats on your Critic Award, well done.
Posted on: Apr 17, 2011

Real_PeaceWarrior's Travel Blogs

Lakeland Haute Route (fuelled with ice cream)
Jun 10, 2009 – Jun 21, 2009
I have already very recently visited the Lake District, and after two falls and a submission I returned home a little damper, …
Overview 46,049 words 207 2 10
May 13, 2009 – May 25, 2009
Yet another 'sidetrip' to make up for the postponements. This time it was homeground, the English Lake District. …
Overview 39,078 words 132 33 38
This blog was featured on Monday June 8th, 2009
Mar 26, 2009 – Apr 14, 2009
I have suffered a number of long term delays to my plans to take ‘a Grand Tour’, so when the opportunity to get a little la…
Overview 123,669 words 308 76 120
This blog was featured on Tuesday April 14th, 2009

Real_PeaceWarrior's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hostels" in Manchester, England, UK
Before I start this article I think it is important to make a couple of things clear, due to a n…
Cheap "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Calvi, France
Le Brunch is one of a great many small brasseries or bars serving food which can be found in Cal…
Average priced "Hostels" in L'Ile Rousse, France
I enjoyed my visit to L’Ile Rousse just twenty two kilometres down the coast from Calvi, even …