Real Geishas in Kyoto?

Kyoto, Japan

Real Geishas in Kyoto? Reviews

-Squar3s- -Squar3s-
Real Geishas in Kyoto? Jan 19, 2012
I gotta say I'm a huge fan of Japanese Culture, and Japan has become one of my favourite places. I'll always remember the first time in Gion, the Geisha District, and the first time I saw what I thought it was a real geisha.

Just to try to draw it here, it was something like (0 o 0,)/

Look up the pictures, add some Japanese culture fan sooo willing to see/find a real geisha and you will probably draw my face better than I did.

What I found after was a house close to the okiyas where you can be dressed as a geisha or a maiko, and be that person for a day. ( I didn't check the prices, cause if I had dressed myself like a geisha I'd be in jail right now lol)(though I think it's not that expensive.)

I'm glad I found this place after having seen this people for the first time of my life.

So my advice here will be as simple as I am, soak yourself with the ambiance, imagine yourself walking those small streets enjoying the Japanese ladies dressed as real geishas, even if you discover they're not. Their white faces, wigs and kimonos stain the place and make it amazingly beautiful. Totally worth it.
Japanese ladies dressed as Maikos