Re-Bar

(250) 361-9223

Re-Bar Victoria Reviews

hummingbird50 hummingb…
Great food for everyone May 15, 2011
The restaurant first began in 1988. At that time the fresh foods revolution (that is now so popular)...was in it's infant stages. They had found their inspiration from places like Greens in San Francisco, and Gravity bar in Seattle...The Wheatgrass woman Ann Wigmore (the wheatgrass book). So Re-Bar was born.

When first entering Re-Bar your senses are instantly engaged as soon as you open the door...to a great funky little cozy..very busy restaurant.

Light streams through the windows..and reflects warmth from the boldly painted walls. Bright Pictures..mexican tablecloths filled with color!! and Yellow!

As your descend into the restaurant...you get a whiff of the chlorphyll-laden scent of fresh extracted wheatgrass juice, vegetable juices, or a heady whiff of fresh espresso. From the kitchen you can smell fresh garlic, rosemary, and many herbs. It's clear this is an awesome

place for me to go eat:):)

Okay I love the food here...there is something for everyone. Me being vegan..it is perfect for me. I have friends who love their meat...and love the salmon salads they have here...and some of the vegy burgers are to die for. The almond burger is my all time favorite (although it is not all vegan..it is vegetarian)

Today I had the Vegan Tempeh Reuben sandwich with a salad..OMG it was awesome!!

A childhood friend whom I had not seen since I was 8...and found her off Facebook..she came in from Banff, alberta...and she had the Sweet potato salmon salad.

I have eaten here many times before.

They have a dessert section for every one. Wheat and gluten free (if you hare celiac), vegan if you have no animal products at all. And for the ones who don't care...some great to die for yummies :)

Yes and fresh squeezed juices..including Wheatgrass (which is very healing, and invigorating, well just all around good for you) Coffees..and water :)

They buy mostly local stuff, organic where ever possible. They recycle everything. They are good to our environment. And the food is delicious.

They even have a cookbook out (yes I have one).

Come on in and have something to eat!!!!
Come on in
Childhood friend Linda
The juice bar
Yuummm Wheatgrass, with pineapple,…
Hadi25 says:
Congrats :D Awesome ... Inviting foodie
Lord_Mike says:
Good food, great review....congratulations on your feature today!!!
Koralifix says:
Congrats on this feature, Bev! Sounds so delicious!
jenn79 jenn79
One of the most gorgeous hippie restaurants Sep 16, 2008
I happened upon this delightful restaurant while wandering back to the hotel from Inner Harbour in Victoria. The outside of this corner establishment is sort of non-descript, but the location is great as its right in the middle of some street vendors that were setting up in the late morning.

I glanced at the menu and recall a lot of organic-type ingredients put together in an interesting fashion. The dishes sounded healthy, quality and most of all - tasty! So I went in and ordered something to go but was stunned by the interior. The colors, the design, the atmosphere of this place was INCREDIBLE. I would have loved to while away a morning with some friends here. It was that sort of place.

I ended up getting the hotcakes with berry sauce and vanilla-bean creme fraiche. It was delish. And a cappuccino. That was delish too. Bill for those two was about $19 canadian dollars so not cheap but not too bad either.

The pace seemed a little frenetic inside, but that's probably because I was standing at the counter within earshot of all the servers. I love this place and would love to go back one day.
Look at the crowd!
What an interior!
With such attention to detail!

Check Victoria Hotel Deals