Rawta Carribbean Cafe

Brooklyn, New York
Rawta Carribbean Cafe - My fish house specialty
Rawta Carribbean Cafe - Interior of Rawta
Rawta Carribbean Cafe - Interior of Rawta
Rawta Carribbean Cafe - Serwah getting a free glass of wine from an adjacent table.

Rawta Carribbean Cafe Brooklyn Reviews

jenn79 jenn79
Amazing food, really blood-pressure inducing service Mar 15, 2008
I went to this amazing Carribbean food restaurant for dinner tonight and had hands down the craziest experience ever! I love New York for the energy, diversity and the fun array of friends I still have back home. But this evening topped them all. Anyway, I won't get into that in my review.

Onto the food! They have such a nice variety of drinks and food. Everything from ginger beer to hibiscus drink to some seaweed concoction, the food and drink is truly authentic and not over-flavored like you can get in some places (Cha-cha-cha).

But man, the person waiting on us had us STEAMED. We arrived shortly after 8pm, were not able to place an order until 9:10 and then didn't get out order until 10:05pm. It was INSANE. On top of that she was SO rude and mean we almost walked out. Afterwards when the crowd died down she became honey sweet that only succeeded in freaking us out even more.

But despite this.. the food was amazing. The drinks were unique. And their dessert of red velvet cake with cream cheese was DIVINE. I would've paid twice the price for this cake it was that delicious.

I highly recommend the seafood dish, the fish special dish, the oxtail dish and the jerk chicken. (wow that's everything that we ordered - which tells you how great the food was).
Interior of Rawta
Interior of Rawta
My fish house specialty
Serwah getting a free glass of win…
jenn79 says:
Yeah.. the food here is amazing. Definitely recommend it and try to avoid Saturdays I guess! =)
Posted on: Mar 16, 2008
sybil says:
there are some restaurants that i know i won't go back to because the service was so bad even though the food was average to good. there are also some restaurants that i let the awful service slide because the food is simply amazing. in your experience, which one was this?
Posted on: Mar 16, 2008
jenn79 says:
totally! We ended up only leaving 10 tip (10%) and she had the audacity to out and question us!!
Posted on: Mar 15, 2008