Rattana Beach Hotel
Rattana Beach Hotel Rates and Deals
Rattana Beach Hotel Phuket Reviews
Not the best choice in Karon Jan 03, 2011
I read some reviews on TripAdvisor prior to booking this hotel. There were some mixed reviews and one which said "awful hotel". As the arrangement was done rather late and there were not many hotels within our price range due to the high season, we've decided to go with this. Worse decision ever.
1. Very good location as near to the beach and restaurants.
2. Very convenient if you rent a motorbike or just hop on a tuk-tuk to nearby Kata beach for more restaurants if you want options.
1. I've never experienced staffs that were not well-groomed as the ones you can find in this hotel. They were borderline rude if you do take offense. What happened to the Thai smiley and pleasant faces? Funny though that the housekeeping ladies were extremely pleasant people who smiles and greets when they see you unlike the front desk staffs.
2. Lodged a complaint that the a/c unit in the room wasn't working. Room was scorching hot in that weather. Nothing was done during the day. Maintenance guy knocked on the door upon our return from day trip, came in the room, opened up the window/door to the balcony and had a look at the ac unit there, said he'll come back in a moment but was never to be seen ever again. Needless to say the entire trip we had a room which was much warmer than the surrounding environment.
1. Room seemed renovated in recent years but was unfortunately not well maintained.
2. Curtains and linens had stains on them so even though they may be clean, they appeared soiled.
3. Tiles in the bathroom were also stained so it did 'look' dirty. For a relatively average sized asian girl like me, I did bang my elbows on the wall when in the shower. So please be cautious.
4. The decorative pillows were actually plastic bags stuffed with some cotton like material so it's not something you would like to hug.
5. There was a very strange unpleasant smell around the lobby and breakfast area. It was some kind of stale air like a mix of drain and rubbish which could have been addressed by lighting up some scented candles that might have worked as a mosquito repellent as well. Be prepared to get bitten at the lobby...
Wifi is not free and they work on some prepaid card. Might as well get one of those prepaid SIM cards and you can enjoy 500mb of 3G services for about $10. I've got mine at the airport from TRUE as they were distributing the SIM cards for free. You just need to purchase the reload from any 7-Eleven.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Rattana Beach Hotel Overview
This serene Phuket hotel, the Rattana Beach Hotel Phuket, is located just steps away from Karon Beach, 10 miles from popular Rawai Beach, and 22 km from Nai Harn Beach. Water sports are all nearby. A short drive will take you to the town center to enjoy local shopping and dining. The Rattana Beach Hotel Phuket is 23 km from the Phuket airport. Car and motorbike rentals are available onsite. Taxis are easily accessible and drivers can also act as tour guides.
The 45 guestrooms at the Rattana Beach Hotel Phuket are comfortably furnished and well appointed with satellite TV, room service, telephones, complimentary bottled water, full baths, toiletries, and air conditioning.
The Rattana Beach Hotel Phuket offers traditional amenities such as full a service bar and restaurant, spa, health club, pool with bar, dry cleaning and laundry services, 24 hour security, onsite parking, sauna, steam room, onsite travel assistance, car and motorbike rentals, currency exchange, and 24 hour front desk and room service.
Rattana Beach Hotel Amenities