Rasa W1

6 Dering Street London W1S , London, United Kingdom

Rasa W1 London Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Nice authentic Indian food, the problem is that it's quite expensive and service is a bit rude Jun 02, 2011
The funny thing about Indian food in the UK, well Indian rsnts is that most of them are not Indian. They are owned mostly by Bangladeshis. So when I actually come across an Indian-Indian rsnt, it's certainly something I'd want to try.

My first Rasa experience came last September in Brighton. The food was amazingly good and authentic. So I couldn't wait to visit it again, and fortunately for me, was located right round the corner at Bond St. So after a long walk around town, this was a perfect quiet place to meal in.

The problem for me with Rasa has always been the very lackadaisical service. The waiters seem a bit bored, and they all seem to gather around in one area chatting doing nothing - it's a bit irritating having 4-5 waiters staring at you as you go about digging into your food or looking at your photos, etc. Aka, a tacky open Big Brother! But the food otherwise is amazing. The rsnt is incredibly tiny (good luck on getting into your table) but the spice is right, and very well cooked. Overall though, I do think it's a bit expensive.

Also, in the US, most Indian and Thai rsnts offer rice as complimentary with your curry, but not in the UK. there goes another 2 quid!

Check London Hotel Deals