6 Dering Street London W1S 1AD , London, United Kingdom
www.rasarestaurants.com - 020 7637 0222 / 020 7629 1346

Rasa Samudra London Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Don´t bother! Mar 17, 2012
I had walked by Rasa Samudra several times when they were located in Charlotte street. It is the first Indian seafood restaurant in London serving specialities from Kerala. Since I love seafood and enjoy Indian food I thought that I could not find a better combination.

Last week I decided to try it. They have now moved to 6 Dering Street, between Bond Street and Oxford Circus tube stations. I had read a lot of good reviews about Rasa Samudra so I had great expectations. As I walked in to have lunch, no one seemed to notice me. When I finally got their attention I was seated at a small table in a corner with a dirty table cloth. The restaurant was not very busy, but the staff was very preoccupied by all the take away, which was being picked up. The waiters were young guys dressed in jeans and t-shirts, too casual to look like proper waiters in a proper restaurant.

I had checked their website and looked at the menu, so I already knew what to get. When I got the menu it not only had old food on it, but it was much more limited than the one on their website. To my big disappointment there was no seafood. There was mainly chicken, lamb and vegetarian dishes. I ended up with a Banana Boli as a starter and chicken curry as a main dish. The starter was good, but the main dish was pretty tasteless. The curry was served on a plate with greasy fingerprints on it!

All in all, this was a great disappointment. From the good reviews I´ve read, I don´t doubt that Rasa Samudra once was a good restaurant, but they have certainly gone downhill big time.

Ground floor