Rare Bar and Grill

228 Bleeker Street, New York, NY, USA

Rare Bar and Grill New York Reviews

pinchora pinchora
Aug 22, 2007
So I went walking around with my friend Aaron trying to find a place to eat...I was starving at this poing and needed somehting! I hadn't eaten since breakfast...which was at noon...and all I had was granola cereal, it was 7PM at this time. so we go walking trying to find an italian place that his friend suggested and we couldn't find it and it was getting late. I said hey what about there...he said sure.

We go in and are immediately greated with a smile...which is a plus because I was getting sick of all the discruntled New Yorkers who mumbled and were rude! We sat down and the waitress gave us the menu and explained the specials. The whole menu is basically steak burgers and hamburgers...so don't go unless you like meat!

The waitress asked if we were ready...I'm indecisive so I asked her what she suggested. She told us 3 burgers, the M & M burger which is a classic flambéed in whiskey, topped with caramelized shallots, cheddar cheese & apple smoked bacon; the Murray's Cheeseburger and the Kobe Wellington with a bearnaise sauce and sauteed mushrooms. I got the Kobe and Aaron got the M and M burger. Mine was $21 and his was $15 but let me just tell you these were the best burgers we ever had...the flavor was so suculant and the aroma was WOW!

You have to go to the Rare Bar and Grill when going to New York...even if it is in the Lower side of the city that most people don't venture to...but you will love this non touristy atmosphere and want to stay in that state the whole visit!
Rare Bar and Grill in Greenwich Vi…
a $21 USD burger at Rare Bar and G…
Amanda says: