Rapture Surf Camp

Check Bali Hotel Deals

Rapture Surf Camp Bali Reviews

melfina melfina
Good Surfing Getaway Jan 30, 2011
A really fun place to meet friends and enjoy the surf.Arriving in the middle of the night and leaving in the middle of the morning was a rotten idea. Depending on the tide, we leave for the first set at 5 am and 2nd set at 2 pm on some days.

Watch out for the insane reef rocks at Mushroom Rock - Nusa Dua. Don't try jumping off the reef into the surf with your board.... hahaha bad suggestion.

I initially planned to crash for 8 nights in a dorm but ended up extending my stay in their 'villa' for another 5 nights. Dorm rooms were very hot, stuffy humid as well even for a seasoned Asian like me...it makes more economical sense to share a villa... for 10 more Euros...? You get ur own bathroom, DVD player & nice air conditioning.

Breakfast is always delicious and dinner is family style... don't expect local cuisine... this is a camp that is owned by a friendly expat couple.

Funny surf guides who are cheeky but not perverts, girls ... you are safe as long as you keep your clothes on and legs closed haha.

Amazing cook Sunny whose as friendly as her name goes.

They take you to nice beaches for your lessons and drive a pretty rad retro van. If you want to try local cuisine, drop by the atm machine or need suggestions for day trips, ask the friendly staff... Most likely you'd skip that once the surf bug has bitten you.

The Christmas BBQ was pretty cold thanks to their eccentric but very kind hearted manager...

We were 2 mins bike ride from Padang Padang and 10 min bike ride from the Notorious Uluwatu. Do remember to stop by the mobile food vendors plying Bak So. The Indonesian local cuisine of glass noodles and spongy meatballs to die for. Watch out for the chilli if it's your first trip to Asia.

Would I go back? Yes, but I'll plan it at the END of my trip so I would get some actual travelling done...:)It's in the south of Bali a little too far to do decent day trips.
Dorm Room @ Rapture
Lovely house cats at camp
One of the vans for our surf trip …

Check Bali Hotel Deals