Ransom Bay Inn & Restaurant

(802) 796-3399

Ransom Bay Inn & Restaurant Alburg Reviews

robear robear
Best place to stay in Northern Lake Champlain area Oct 16, 2008
Richard and Lorraine are some of the best hosts with whom I've had the honor to stay. My cycling companion and I arrived at the Ransom Bay Inn at around dusk after having pedaled most of the day in rain northward from Burlington, Vermont. We were warmly (both figuratively and literally) welcomed into their establishment and made to feel at home right away. After a much needed shower and change into civilian clothes we were introduced to the other guests and had the opportunity to share some of the locally-produced wine we picked up in Vermont. The property itself is small (only four rooms), but cozy, quaint, and functional would be a better description. My fellow cyclist and I were pretty exhausted and ended up oversleeping the next morning so we didn't really expect to get breakfast but to our surprise and delight our hosts gladly whipped up a delicious "brunch" of blueberry waffles, fruit, and sausages. I could have easily stayed another night after falling in love with this little inn, but alas we were expected in Montreal the same day. I have since traveled this route many times and I can honestly say that there is no better place to stay if you find yourself in northern Vermont only a stone's throw away from Canada.

Check Alburg Hotel Deals