Rangitata Rafts, White water rafting

Rangitata, New Zealand

Rangitata Rafts, White water rafting Reviews

bnony bnony
Best.Raft.Trip.Ever. Oct 25, 2013
Rangitata Rafts was one of the best trips we took during our stay in Christchurch. The company picked us up in downtown christchurch the morning of the trip and it took about 2HRs to reach the lodge. From there we got sized up for safety equipment and had a quick lunch before we headed to the river. They supply wet suits and helmets for all adventurers and have a photagrapher that accompanies your group. The river is rated from 1-5 and they'll take you all the way through the gauntlet if your group is up for the challenge. We took 6 people and filled a raft just to ourselves and dared the guide to do his worst. Best.Raft.Trip.Ever. We only dumped once along the route. We dove headlong into a deep trough of water. I glanced up and saw our guide Ben sailing up over us into the air and I knew it was on. The water pulled me down to the bottom and held me there until I powered through and swam up. It seemed like forever. We had one last stop for adrenaline before the day was over. A rock jump! We all took turns climbing to the top and hurdling ourselves into the cold water. At the end of the trip there were hot showers and a full dinner for all that braved the day. That shower is worth its own excellent review!! The photographer put together a photo video for our group which turned out great. The ride home was of quick recap and nothing but sleep for our group. Well worth it! www.rafts.co.nz Also check out the video on youtube.
Ben - A god among rafting guides!
Ariel view of the Rangitata River
kiwiasli kiwiasli
Oct 12, 2007
This unforgettable activity was the culmination of our 6 month travel in New Zealand!

3 weeks before flying back to Germany we finaly sold our van and we were suddenly in possession of a lot of money.

Rafting was one of the things we always wanted to do while we were in New Zealand, so we decided to spend a day at the rangitata river.

We chosed the ,,Rangitata rafts´´ because they offered a full day experience which included:a transport to the rafting base, 2 meals,a 3 hour raft trip, equipment and a hot shower.

We booked the trip in Christchurch so the transport was very practical.(the rafting base is very remote)

It was one of our funniest days and I must say almost the best trip we've done in New Zealand!

The guides give you instructions while rafting on the river

(grade 1 to 5!) and these guides were great and very funny!They even tell you some historical stories about the place and at the end you have the chance to jump from one of the rocks into the cold,torrent river.

Great feeling!!!

The money was absolutely worth it and I recommend this activity to everybody who loves the nature,fun and action!You need energy and strength in your arms;-) and you must not be afraid of water and rocks.
vagabond07 says:
thanks for this review, it is very informative! i wish to do this when i visit NZ! no sky-diving though! what class were these rapids? i rafted in Peru, but were only maybe 3 and not that exciting! fun though...
Posted on: Mar 04, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Rangitata Rafts, White water rafting

Frockling in the autumn mists....with dolphins!!!!‏
I'm overflowing with excitment so i just had to get this entry down in print; at the moment i'm on the east coast of NZ in a place called Kaikoura, which is world famous for its abundant and varied m…white water rafting crew for a trip down the Rangitata river (grade 5 river, 6 is the highest…

Compare Geraldine Hotel Rates (9.8km away)

Rangitata Map