Randall & Aubin

020 7287 4447

Randall & Aubin London Reviews

debsadams1979 debsadam…
Funky Fish! Feb 17, 2012
This is the second time I've been here and it was just as good as the first visit.

It's hard to describe this place as I'm inclined to call it a posh fish and chip shop but that doesn't seem to really fit the bill as well as underselling it somewhat. The closest description would be to imagine a fish and chip shop serving the best seafood with communal seating (think somewhere like Wagamama's in terms of a layout), dance music playing in the background with a laid back staff that dance to the beats.

It's a funky little place that has been incredibly busy both times I've been so expect to queue outside for 30-45 minutes. Thankfully the staff do their best to ease the wait and bring you a menu to peruse as well as bringing you drinks while you're waiting for a seat (hint: try to go in groups of even numbers as you'll get a table quicker as odd numbers of people are more difficult to seat).

On my first visit I had half a lobster and chips for the reasonable price of around £20, this visit however I plumped for King scallops with broccoli, parmentier potatoes and fennel purée which was sublime. The scallops were just immense but still light and the rest of the flavours were just as rewarding.

Most mains on the menu cost between £15-25, except the whole lobster for two people which I think is about £45 between two. There's also a good selection of wines on offer and the Chilean Rose I tried was really crisp and refreshing.

The only disadvantage is that due to the restaurants size the staff work on the policy of a high turn over so lazing around after you've finished isn't really an option as the bill is in front of you at lightning speed to (un)subtly tell you to pay up and move on. That aside I'm sure I'll be back again soon as I love this place!
sylviandavid says:
Very nice sounding place.... your food choices sounded yummy. Thanks for this review
Posted on: Feb 19, 2012