Rancho Santa Fe

Check Cotacachi Hotel Deals

Rancho Santa Fe Cotacachi Reviews

geerbox geerbox
Fancy hotel in Cotacachi with plenty to offer Mar 06, 2008
I stayed here while visiting the Cotacachi area, two new friends stayed there as well. The stay was for six nights, but we only got billed for five, yeaaah! We got a discount for being with a tour, and I can’t remember the posted price. Somewhere between $38-49 per night. Yes this is fairly pricey for Ecuador, but it is not a hostal, it is a very nice hotel that would cost well over a couple hundred bucks in certain areas of the states. The pictures show better than I can describe. The first three nights we were the only ones in the big place, but we didn’t spend much time there because we hung out at other places in town every night until bed time. There were still two or three on staff during the evenings and they were very friendly. The following few nights there were a couple of buses of people so there was a little action in the place. I didn’t eat there because we were always on the go, so I can’t give and advise on the food.

The rooms were big and roomy, I had two double beds, cable TV, desk, stand up shower with very hot water! There was also closet space to hang up clothes or jackets, unfortunately I needed a jacket in this part of the country.

The amenities are unbelievable! It is a huge property with many walking paths, a basketball court, two tennis courts, outdoor pool, and other activity centers. The restaurant seats over 100 people and there are other big rooms to hold conference meetings. There is also a llama that wanders around freely within the whole complex, one night he was under the front door awning to keep out of the rain.

I would not have chosen this place if was me picking the accommodations, but someone did it for me and I thank them, because I want to return to this Hotel on my next visit.

I recommend this place if you are not on a tight budget, or if you want to splurge for at least one night.
The reception area
Outdoor pool
One of the paths leading to more g…
The friendly llama by the basketba…

Check Cotacachi Hotel Deals