Ran Hotel Somketa

Check Ouagadougou Hotel Deals

Ran Hotel Somketa Ouagadougou Reviews

seraphimkarlien seraphim…
looks a lot nicer from the outside May 04, 2010
My boyfriend wanted to take me to a nice hotel, but it turned out to be a big waste of money. From the outside, this hotel looked very posh, and they insisted we pay in advance (which no other hotel in Burkina ever asked).

The room cost more than 70€ but looked like the kind of place that you pay about 20€ for in Eastern Europe. Except there, a bath with hot water is actually useful. I can't imagine anyone coming to Burkina Faso and wanting a hot bath. The only way to take a shower was to hold it in your hand above your head.

There was no mosquito net. The window didn't open. Someone before us had sprayed insecticide without properly ventilating the room, it took about 3 hours with the door and bathroom window open to get the nauseating smell out.

There was no ventilator, only airco, which was not very effective and leaked at the outside. The toilet mechanism broke when I flushed it. A lot of these things I wouldn't have complained about in a cheaper hotel, but for this price I really expect much better.

There is a pool outside, but we didn't have time to use it.
vances says:
Thanks for the heads up! :^(
Posted on: May 12, 2010