Ramada Conference Center Mandarin

Ramada Conference Center Mandarin Jacksonville Reviews

emmytravel emmytrav…
hotel, pool, buffets May 23, 2010
Early May 2008:

Well folks seems I have two reviews and when I attempt to delete one - I end up with both gone. So this one is the one to read, perhaps differences are just spelling, etc. Bear with me. This place is worthy of two reviews anyway! LOL

This was an unusual do nothing trip for me, I'm usually on the go. I had a very good travel companion who was cool with staying put. We stayed at the hotel except for one trip out to find a restaurant (unsuccessfully) that was affordable without a long wait. Thankfully, the hotel was all we could have ever needed. Although it was early May, the unheated pool was still acceptable. To our delight, we discovered the hotel had two buffets daily. Extraordinary buffets, better, more diverse and superior food to any buffet I’d previously experienced. I was happy to indulge and taste foods I’d never order by the plate, because I would not know if I’d like them. I hate to pay for new foods and find them distasteful, so buffets that can introduce me to foods are fabulous. I had red and black caviar. Not something I’d order on my own, but know now it is palatable. Also had smoke salmon – the whole fish. (I know I sound small town, but I’ve never seen this before.) Apparently it’s a very costly item to produce. They had prime rib, all sorts of shell fish, from crab legs to mussels.

The breakfast was awesome too. A huge amount and variety of food, all excellent.

Spent the days going to breakfast, pool, room, pool, room, pool and room then dinner and more pool. It was great and very restful. The rooms could have been nicer and a bit cleaner, but the pool and the food made up for it.

Ramada Conference Center Mandarin Overview

This Jacksonville hotel is called the Ramada Inn Mandarin Jacksonville. It is centrally located and easily accessible from landmarks like NAS Jacksonville and the Prime Osborne Convention Center. Other attractions to look for include the Museum of Science and History and the Jacksonville Zoo. This location is found at 3130 Hartley Rd in Jacksonville, Florida. The Ramada Inn Mandarin Jacksonville is south of the downtown area and 35 miles from Jacksonville International Airport.

Rooms at the Ramada Inn Mandarin Jacksonville offer high speed Internet as well as kitchen appliances like microwaves and refrigerators.

Amenities at the Ramada Inn Mandarin Jacksonville include a buffet breakfast and an on-site restaurant called Gigi's. There are snacks, drinks and laughs at the Comedy Zone. Other features include meeting rooms for business travelers (capable of holding 400 people) as well as a fitness center and a swimming pool. There is a sun deck patio for some quality sun bathing. There is a piano bar on-site that plays live music. This is a first class hotel with appropriate amenities. The establishment won a 2008 Pinnacle Award for its accommodations.

Ramada Conference Center Mandarin Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower