Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha

Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha Rates and Deals

Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha Dubai Reviews

qtchick qtchick
Horrible Experience Sep 28, 2010
I am writing this review while sitting in the hotel & totally freaked out on the service.

I booked it through a website considering that i am having a budgeted trip. 240 AED per day it seems a nice deal. the first thing which really freaked me out was internet. Most of the hotels provide free internet in room o r at least some where in lobby/lounge. The internet was 30 AED for half an hour. Hell.....means 1AED/min and then most of times it was down. Low signal/limited connectivity issue thing. So even if you buy one hour you would not be able to send a single email because of the browsing speed. Later on after my 3 nights of stay they brought their charges a bit down as to 40 AED/hour but again of no use when its not working. All the times i called the staff regarding the issue they would say" let me speak to the IT guy and get back to You" and than they will never get back to you. Although just before one day of my checkout as of now i personally spoke to this I.T guy "Bulraj" and he was very helpful & efficient. He Immediately fixed the issue and also the phone line as I had to yell over the phone to make the lady understand what I am saying.

Most of the staff is with the poor English, Specifically at Reception the Philippino girls. This caused many misunderstandings. I am a chain smoker and when I asked the staff from where I can get they fags they never told me there is a super market on the back side of the hotel , all they told was this that i can get only Marlbro from the hotel at more than double price of actual price (16 AED/pack). Neither I could get the phone recharge.

May be as a result of me yelling at the duty manager I got to know about the market when already my bill is huge. Most freaking & weird thing was when the second day of my stay I asked the house keeping to send me water and they said "complimentary water is only for the first day of stay". Helllllllllllllllllllll.................I have been travelling around the world and 99 percent of hotels at least offer two small bottles of water for free EVERYDAY. That is so stupid saying that you can have it on very first day ( I told lady should i check out and then check in every day? :-s)

The carpets of corridors and even rooms need through cleaning not the usual cleaning only. Because it gives a dusty look. Curtains were rough though bed & bath was OK.

The funny part was the beer. If you take it downstairs in the sports bar its 30AED. If You want it in room, its 33 AED and if you go to 8th floor to Mezz open air place its 32 AED.

When i wanted to speak to floor manager he was still busy and its been 4 hours now...he is still busy in MEETING.

OVERALL its such a painful experience for me. I came here for work and most of the times I had to stay in room unless I have meetings. I would rather pay a few extra bucks to go to some better hotel than staying here again.
Haris79 says:
thats what I call a real ouch factor instead of a wow factor!
Posted on: Oct 03, 2010

Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha Overview

Set in Al Sufouh, the Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha is a perfect base while in Dubai. The hotel offers a 24 hour business centre, a spa & wellness centre and an outdoor pool as well as a sauna, a steam room and conference room(s).

The Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as a free airport shuttle, a beauty salon and a concierge for its guests. There is a news stand, a hairdresser and a barber/beauty shop within the hotel. Family facilities include babysitting / child services. Emirates Crown, Shatha Tower and Ocean Heights are within a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

All rooms feature a private bathroom including a bathrobe and amenities. Rooms offer a safe, tea and coffee making facilities and a flat-screen TV. All air conditioned rooms at the hotel are also soundproofed.

Lake Shore Tower 1, Abjar Tower and Sulafa Tower are within driving distance of the Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha. Tours and other travel arrangements can be organized at the hotel's tour desk. Under 10 minutes drive away are some great attractions such as the ARY Digital Tower, and conveniently there is complimentary private parking available at the hotel should you require it.

Ramada Chelsea Al Barsha Amenities

• Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes