Ramada Airport South & Conference Center

Ramada Airport South & Conference Center Rates and Deals

Ramada Airport South & Conference Center Charlotte Reviews

philly84 philly84
Good to sleep in, thats it. Mar 31, 2010
I was put up at this Hotel by US airways when they messed up my connecting flight from LA - so needless to say, I'm happy I didn’t have to pay. Upon walking into the lobby area, it would be easy to fall into the illusion of believing you are in a place of luxury. I must admit, I was quite impressed with the feel it gave. Nice sofas, complimentary use of internet, and interesting décor to give a feeling of elegance. The rooms however, tell another story.

Location

I don’t know the town very well, all I know is that this Hotel felt like it was in the middle of nowhere. Maybe if I was a local and knew the place, I would be able to give a better review…but as a traveler from out of town, I felt I would have been just as comfortable if the Hotel was situated on an oil rig.

Room

The rooms aren’t bad but from the look of the lobby area I would have expected allot more. The rooms are very basic and don’t feel homely at all. Beyond the lobby everything just felt old and worn. That’s the only way I could explain it. Oh, and there was a Pizza box outside a room nearby that was there for the entire duration of our stay.

The breakfast however, was great. I would probably recommend going there just to eat it.

Bathroom

Bathroom was clean, but again, just basic.

Pros:-

I didn’t have to pay for it, if I did, I would have been les impressed than I already was.

The breakfast they serve was nice. I’d give them that.

Cons:-

The place feels run down and old. The book, “The Shining” comes to mind.

Not in a tourist friendly place. It felt safe enough to walk around, but, there was just nothing there!
donnie85 says:
haha the pizza box!! it was me who left it outside your door :-) cause alex left it outside mine. mmm i liked the hotel thought the rooms where nice but defo like the shining
Posted on: Apr 01, 2010
donnie85 donnie85
Decent hotel for a night Apr 07, 2010
Due to US Airways messing up my connecting flight to London, i was made to stay the night here,all expenses paid by the airline

Positive-

* Wi-Fi Connection

* Very large rooms and decent sized outdoor swimming pool

* Rooms where very clean

Negative-

* Very creepy hotel. Very dark with long halls with he receptioinist reminding me of uncle fester

* Miles from civilsation, set in a weird, quiet little town resembling a scene from mad max
griffis82 griffis82
Dec 29, 2007
First off I work at this place. It's a one-star hotel as far as I'm concerned. I know I should try and promote the place, but you want an honest review. The normal rate is 79 + tax which comes out to 91.05 total. If you do come here ask for the bar rate which is 59 + tax. The staff here are great, of course I mean myself! The food is okay, a full menu, nothing fancy. There are some very good food places around here. There are bands that play here on Wed., Fri, & Saturday nights. Mostly beach music and top 40. The crowd on band nights are mostly in their 40's & up.

We get a lot of distressed passengers from the Charlotte Douglas Airport at night. So if you're ever traveling through that airport, chances are that I'll see you. Hopefully you won't have any problems and get delayed though. I know what that's like.

Other than that, personally I'd stay at a cheaper place if all I'm paying for is a room for the night. I'm used to hostels and motels.
john1112 says:
your stories about the hotel are great
hehe

:D
Posted on: May 20, 2008
sylviandavid says:
Even if we hated it we would get to meet you so maybe you should give it one more star! Sylvia
Posted on: Dec 29, 2007

Ramada Airport South & Conference Center Overview

This Charlotte hotel is centrally located and within close proximity of many of the city’s local attractions. Some of these include Carowinds, Lowes Motor Speedway, the Coliseum, and Charlotte’s downtown business district. A shopping area can also be found near the Ramada Airport South & Conference Center. A shuttle service is available for guests staying in the Ramada Airport South & Conference Center. Charlotte Douglas Airport can be found just 6 miles from the hotel.

There are 425 guestrooms and suites in the Ramada Airport South & Conference Center. All rooms come with free high speed Internet access, coffeemakers, irons, ironing boards, and cable television.

The Ramada Airport South & Conference Center features a four-story atrium which surrounds the hotel’s restaurant. This establishment is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The hotel’s conference center gives business travelers access to 14 different meeting rooms which can accommodate 1,750 people. There is also an on-site business center which provides free wireless Internet access for guests. Recreational facilities include an outdoor swimming pool and fully-equipped fitness center.

Ramada Airport South & Conference Center Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower