Raleigh

Raleigh, North Carolina

Raleigh Reviews

iolakana iolakana
Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh is a great city- it's small enough to feel homey but big enough to have some "metropolitan" attributes. There are great restaurants and bars, a couple hilarious comedy clubs, plenty of museums. The best part of living in North Carolina is the ability to get anywhere; from Raleigh it's less than 2 hours to the beach, 4 hours to the mountains and there is golfing everywhere.

It's affordable and friendly with loads of charm and history. Just don't use up too much of it cause I want some left when I move home.
kvdg says:
Thanks for the tips!! I will try not to soak up too much of the charm before you get back there ;)! I would love to hear more - I don't really know anyone there and I am taking a new job in the area, so any recommendations would be helpful! I am excited to move and begin my new adventures.
Posted on: Jul 01, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Raleigh

Day 1- Travel day
Aaaahhhh, the joys of air travel! Kelowna-Seattle: Departs 6:00am Arrives 7:15am Seattle-Chicago: Departs 8:25am Arrives 2:30pm Chicago-Raleigh/Durham: Departs 4:35pm Arrives 7:25pm My travel da…Raleigh also, and there were no more flights to Raleigh, so if I got to Chicago, I would…
Preparations underway
Thus begins a once-in-a-lifetime journey:My friend and neighbor, Jen, decides on Tuesday that she and her archaeology buddies are going to Palenque, Chiappas, Mexico on June 27th.  Even better i…Raleigh -> Cancun -> Merida -> Palenque -> San Cristobal de las Casas -> Campeche -> Valladolid -> Cancun…

Check Raleigh Hotel Deals