Raintree Lodge Suva

Check Suva Hotel Deals

Raintree Lodge Suva Reviews

ishq-rose ishq-rose
Possible the worst stay we ever had in a hostel during a year trip Dec 14, 2010
WE came to this place in 2007 having pre-booked 5 night accommodation. On our first night we were having a drink in the bar and i went to go get some more money out of our room which had been hidden. when i got there 400 fiji dollars equivalent to £110 was gone and the window left open to our room. Horrified i went to tell my boyf and the staff. The staff were helpful, the police arrived two days later and although helpful nothing was found. Fair enough - however the owners of hostel singled us out and went on lecturing us about how we couldn't sue them as it was our loss (We had no intention nor even mentioned it). Their customer service was rude and unprofessional. My boyfriend then fell ill with stomach upset and was in bed for a couple of days whilst we were trapped at least 10 km away from the nearest pharmacy. Without any money to feed ourselves or pay for ataxi to get ourselves away. None of the staff would help me and i didn't know what was wrong with him. They wouldn't even give me a fruit salad so i could help him get some energy back.

We booked a double room which was supposedly by a lake setting it was more like a stagnant pool which breeds mosquitoes. I am allergic to mosquito bites or at least the ones in Fiji and due to being house bound looking after my lad i promptly got bitten and then went very ill from all the bites i had. So my boyf got better and took me to the hospital. The doctor said i needed to move away from still water immediately. We went back to the hostel to ask to move rooms, they refused even though the hostel was nearly empty. They made out we were trouble makers. In the end we decided to leave and asked for the remainder money back at least, this was also refused. We left finally by flagging down a taxi and going to suva to get to an atm and to the next town so we could finally get somewhere that was more fitting of the Fijian hospitality we had come to love. The owners of this place were not Fijian and they were vile to us, they practically blamed us for having money stolen, there arrogance and treatment of their staff was appalling and we could see that the staff that we are asked for assistance wanted to help but were fearful to do anything for fear of reprimand. I am not someone to write bad reviews as i know this can affect people's livelihoods however i was so appalled at our treatment and management of the problems presented. i think these people should be shut down and reported for bad tourism ethics.

Raintree Lodge Suva Overview

Located right on Princes Road, Colo I Suva, Raintree Lodge is about 12 minutes drive from Suva city and 15 minutes from the airport. Some of the city attractions include Albert Park, Municipal Handicraft Centre and Government House. Raintree Lodge offers well appointed spacious units including a mix of accommodation ranging from dorms, double rooms, twin rooms and bunk rooms that are equipped with modern amenities such as colour TV, mini bar and balcony which offers pleasant views over the lakes. Guests can savour delicious dishes served at the onsite restaurant, while enjoying their favourite cocktail at the bar or sipping hot coffee at the outdoor cafe on the verandah of this property in Suva.

Raintree Lodge Amenities