Rainbow Lodge

No4, Pantai Cenang, Malaysia
012-513 6103

Compare Kampung Padang Masirat Hotel Rates (6.4km away)

Rainbow Lodge Pantai Cenang Reviews

Samten Samten
Best cheap place in Langkawi Pantai Cenang Apr 22, 2011
I stayed 4 nights at the Rainbow lodge and I have to say it was way better then my first impression. The whole place looks a bit run down, but especially the bunglows are very nice inside with A/C and a attached bathroom.

I slept in a 15 bed dorm with only 2 other people, which was very nice.The bathroom is not the newest but it has Malaysian standard...what makes this place so special are the people who work there. They are always friendly and helpful and even rented their own car to us, because we were not able to rent on from a company. The beach is only 10min walk, but worth it, because you dont have to live next to the crowdy and loud main street, where all the other more expensive hostels are.
Mezmerized Mezmeriz…
Almost Horizontal Apr 17, 2010
Its just the whole vibe of the place really. Quiet bungalows in the countryside but still only 5 minutes walk to Cenang beach.

I stayed in a fan bungalow that was very comfortable, lovely large wetroom shower room and huge bed. Free wifi and a small cafe where there were always interesting people to have a drink with and chat. Many people staying here had been there for weeks, it is just that kind of place. Very reasonably priced (40Rm per night I think)fantastic location and so so damn laid back. Not only did I not really want to leave but I nearly couldn't be assed to leave!!! Recommended..
Rainbow lodge bungalows
Mon Bungalow
Skylier says:
nice..
Posted on: Jun 30, 2013
hutchl says:
I planned to go for four days and stayed nine. Loved the place. It is definitely recommend .
Posted on: Jun 08, 2010
hutchl hutchl
Excellent value for money near to beach May 30, 2010
The one bed chalets provide a double bed and own bathroom offering privacy but the communal outdoor reception with pool table enables the meeting of new friends. The owners are friendly and offer breakfasts if you can't make the five minute walk to the restaurants by the beach. The complex is very pretty, surrounded by fields. All in all most recommended.
Mezmerized says:
Wow you stayed 9 nights in all with Thierry?? hehe So glad you liked it here, best place to stay in Langkawi :)
Posted on: Jun 08, 2010
wilber85 wilber85
Cenang's best! Nov 14, 2010
This place was fantastic. I booked a single, fan room and I ended up with a double bed with my own bathroom. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. There wasn't any hot water from the shower but you never want a hot shower anyway as it's always so warm in Langkawi.

It's on a quiet road about a 2/3 minute walk to the beach and the main strip so it was nice at night. There was always someone around so the place was safe as well.

The bar area is really cool and they have a pool table so if you don't feel like heading into town you can just chill out around there.

The best thing about the place though was definitely the staff. They were so friendly, chilled out and enjoyed a good laugh. They even rented me their car for the day.

I was there 4 days and at first the place was empty but by the weekend this place was full. There was even people coming from the Gecko guesthouse and I heard that was the best place to stay in Cenang... obviously not. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone going to Cenang!
Annacristoffer Annacris…
My favorite place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jan 10, 2009
I just really love this place. I stayed here 2 times in 2008. The staff are the most friendly and happiest(I just love Dan & Hamid)! Very good location, on the countryside, but still only a few minutes walk to the beach and the cengang village with great resturants. So if you decide to visit Langkawi, Rainbow Lodge gets my warmest regards.
Under a palm on Cenang Beach.
Party time. Crsitoffer, Hamid & Da…
Father and son. Guchi is one of th…
Nice people.
stephandadam stephand…
Rainbow Lodge Feb 19, 2008
We were very lucky to come across Rainbow Lodge. Thankfully all the places in the usual guidebooks were full or run down and pretty disgusting. Just as we were running out of options; one of the super friendly Rainbow staff came to save the day. Rainbow Lodge is very new and ultra clean and offers spacious, quiet, budget rooms with fans at varying prices and if you are staying for a number of days then a discount might be negotiable. As well as the double type room we stayed in, dorms and triples are also offered. Don't be put off by the fact it is away from the beach this is a blessing as you avoid the noise of the road, get more breeze and are only a three or four minute walk at tops from the beach.

The place is well managed by Addy Guna who is the friendliest, most honest and helpful guesthouse owner we've come across in our travels but we don't want to make his head too big so won't say anything more. Everyone who works there is great and they do most of the work for Addy anyway!

There is a bar/cafe on site where you can get set breakfasts, and all the usual drinking choices. In the evenings oil lamps come out giving the place a really cozy ambience. As with most good places we came intending to stay three days but couldn't tear ourselves away for nine.

We cannot recommend this place highly enough, it's far superior to the all of the other places we looked at which included most of the budget recommendations in the Lonely Planet and Rough Guide!! Better still you'll pay half the price so have more money to spend on beer!!!
Rainbow Lodge
Mr Addy Guna, Operations Director
Addy the master, Dem his loyal app…
tcb1979 tcb1979
Excellent Budget Accommodation in Langkawi May 05, 2008
We were on our way to Gecko Guesthouse from the Pier when the taxi man suggested a look at Rainbow Lodge. We were so glad we had a look, where Gecko is getting old and run down Rainbow Lodge is new and clean.

We were staying 5 days so managed to negotiate the price of our room to 25 Ringit per night. (Low season)

The room is spotless with a fan and powerful shower. The staff are the friendliest people I have met. The owner brought me fresh mango and a plate of Malaysian fried banana for no charge! The staff are full of information about Langkawi or elsewhere in Malaysia. The breakfast is great value as are the drinks. Towels/toilet roll/blankets are supplied. It is literally a 3 minute walk to the beach in a quiet area away from the noise of the main road.

This place is truly the best budget accommodation I have stayed in, in my 4 months of travelling! The staff really make the place!

Don't think about it...book it!!
Irene45 Irene45
Rainbow lodge in Aug 17, 2008
Das Management ist i.o. Ich war rundum zufrieden bei meinem längeren Aufenthalt Anfang 2008 und werde bestimmt wieder hinfahren.

Herzliche Grüße

Irene und Björn aus Deutschland

Compare Kampung Padang Masirat Hotel Rates (6.4km away)

Rainbow Lodge Map