Rainbow Beach Hotel

Check Negombo Hotel Deals

Rainbow Beach Hotel Negombo Reviews

spkw_555 spkw_555
Reasonable price, superb hospitality Apr 12, 2014
Our Sri Lanka trip was a 1 day, 2 nights unplanned trip in January 2014. We took a taxi from the airport and looked around for a decent budget hotel. We arrived Rainbow beach hotel in the middle of the night, it was the third hotel we visited that night. The security guard was very accommodating. The room is specious with balcony and clean, the bathroom and sink are good, and the price is reasonable so we decided to stay. We got the password for wifi from the security guard and it works well in the room. The next morning we found that the hotel is under renovation. The hotel exterior, common areas and function room look fabulous. I'm sure the rooms will be even more cosy after the renovation too. The hotel is very close to the beach, 1 min walk, with lots of three wheelers around.

We met the Chairman, Mr. Rupasinghe, at the lobby when we were discussing how to get into Colombo. The Chairman went to call the three wheeler for us himself and even bargained the price for us to Negombo bus station. He told us how to catch a bus to the Colombo, where we should go, what we should eat, and most importantly not to trust anyone. He gave us his phone number in case we needed help or lost. The Negombo city itself, 10 mins ride from the hotel, is very lively with lots of shops and restaurants. Then we had a day trip in Colombo with great fun, met many nice people. On the day of our departure, the Chairman even drove us to the airport. We were so touched and thankful for such kind and warm hospitality. We enjoyed our stay in Rainbow beach hotel and time in Sri lanka. Thank you so much!

From Song, Thailand
gingerbatik gingerba…
Rainbow Beach Hotel Jun 13, 2013
I come across this hotel when I walked around Negombo beach for sights. From outside, the hotel building looks nice with plenty of greenery and frangipangi flowers at its ground, and it has a huge wedding hall downstairs but no restaurants at the building. The beach located not far from the hotel, probably around 10 or 20 meter away as I can see the beach from the hotel gate and from the room balcony.

I go inside the hotel building to check the room price and the room condition. The manager shows me 2 rooms upstairs with balcony; one room is much larger than the other with direct ocean view and more expensive.

Since I like the room at this hotel, finally I settle with the smaller room but still quite large with big French windows on one side of the wall and has balcony as well but has to turn the chairs toward the ocean to get the ocean view. The room is clean, with two single beds put together with mosquito net, big wardrobe, a couple of chairs and table inside the room, and big basic bathroom. It cost Rs2,500 per night for fan room or Rs3,500 for air condition room without breakfast.

There are a couple of living rooms upstairs and also balcony outside the room for guest to use. I feel it is very relaxing to sit and read book at this balcony and the place is really quite at day and night time. The beach is not good for swim as it has a strong current and muddy water.

Unfortunately, there is no other facility here, no restaurant, no breakfast, no taxi or map information about Negombo city. I was the only guest staying at that time and the wedding hall down stair is for party only and not for the hotel guest.

Next to the hotel is the expensive 4 or 5 stars hotel which I peep inside and check with the receptionist but it is too expensive for my budget, and outside it a couple of three wheeler waiting for passenger. I did take this three wheeler to go around Negombo city for 4 hours ride which cost Rs1,200 which I thought is expensive considering this is third world country. Luckily, the driver speaks good English and he shows me the sights around town, so it is quite nice ride.

The hotel manager and one staff are friendly but they do not speak much English, very basic and need to repeat several times before they understand me. There is free internet connection at the lobby downstairs but cannot get internet access from the room upstairs.

It is very easy to get around from this hotel, plenty of restaurants, shops, minimart and one internet café nearby. At night time, there is a security guard guarding the hotel gate and the gate is closed, so I feel very safe here even I was the only guest.

Negombo city centre is 15 minutes ride by three wheeler or you can take public bus if you know the bus number.
the bed with mosquito net
table and a couple of chairs and b…
basic shower