Raglan Road Irish Pub

170 E 14th St, Kansas City, MO, USA

Raglan Road Irish Pub Kansas City Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
The Irish Pub in the Power and Light District Jun 21, 2008
The Irish are something: Another day I will write about that. For today I want to talk about their import of a lifestyle of dancing and drinking from Ireland to Kansas City, Missouri, in the United States. Quite a distance, wouldn't you say?

The Raglan Road Restaurant and pub in the Power and Light district in Kansas City Missouri is a place of entertainment like you would find in Ireland itself. I have traveled to and lived in Ireland: Belfast and Dublin have typical Irish pubs and the Raglan Road is an importation of that pub. The dancing tops, the beer mugs, the dancing girls and their costumes (dresses), menus and they whole nine yards.

I must commend the atmosphere though, for someone like me who reacts to music like a child to candy, I was very impressed. We were there three times in two days – which says a lot about the place. The group on day one prior to my arrival did the first visit. Some people had lunch and sung praises of how good the food was. The same day, we ended up at the pub after a delicious diner at Vininos. The Irish dance on the table dressed to kill and tapping away on the table in an effortless manner. She made the dance seem so simple and graceful. Most of my group members were very impressed. Eric grabbed me to dance however my shoes were limiting so were his. We both took off our shoes and dance to our heart’s desire before we were sparingly advised to put our shoes back on.

Being the Irish bar that it is, the one thing that I did not see was Guinness, but that is only because I did not ask for it. I wonder why – maybe because I was busy drinking Barcadi gold and coca-cola, lol! The night slowly slipped away and we gradually succumbed to the toil of the day. When we got out, it seemed as if the night had just began as the crowds increased exponentially.

The third visit to Raglan Road was on day two: the actually TB meet-up day. After the day’s activities were done, gifts given and the further traveled buddy recognized, we all decided to go dancing. The dance place of choice was to be “Howl at the moon”, I guess our host forgot to worn us of the fact that the Power and Light district is such a popular place on Saturday. We split up in-groups for easier transportation. RJ, and I drove with Natalie and headed out first. One look on arrival and I was positive we would never get in at Howl at the moon. We headed up non-the less and stood in line – which line was barely moving. One look inside and I knew we were headed for disappointment. RJ and Natalie agreed we should worn the group. Meanwhile, our host and two other people had arrived at Raglan Road and were having drinks: they had kept the same area (a cube) that we had previously used, making us such a dominant force in the Irish pub for the whole weekend.

Raglan Road Irish pub comes highly recommended should you find your self in Kansas City, especially in the Power and Light district.
RJ at Raglan Road
pearcetoyou pearceto…
Raglan Road Irish Pub Jul 13, 2008
Raglan Road Irish Pub-- At the fantastic Power and Light District. Opposite the even more fabulous new Sprint Arena. This was one of our first stops at the meetup. This place has a great atmosphere and wonderful service. I didn't eat the food here, so I can't comment. But the drinks were pretty good. Too good!!! haha

SO here' a little history behind this place:

Before it became the name of the establishment, Raglan Road became a song – a collaboration of sorts, which combined Patrick Kavanagh’s poem, Dark Haired Miriam Ran Away, with the traditional Irish air, The Dawning of the Day. The man who put it all together was none other than the great Luke Kelly of the Dubliners.

Since the 1960s, when Raglan Road was first recorded, many an Irish musician, including Van Morrison, Mark Knopfler, Billy Bragg, Sinead O’Connor and our own house band, Tusker Rock, have covered it. Come by some night and ask the lads to play it for you. You’ll understand. With a Pub built in Ireland. Filled with glorious antique Bars, curios and artworks bought specially for our new home in Missouri.

We'll be bringing celebrity Chef Kevin Dundon's gorgeous celtic menu to town - giving our new customers a true taste of what we eat in Ireland today (hint we moved on from corned beef and cabbage...)

And to wash it down...some creamy Irish stouts, lagers and ales complemented by a fine selection of Irish Whiskies (hint: reserve your whiskey locker today)

It wouldn't be an Irish place without some real Irish entertainment (also imported) plus a late night DJ who'll play a mix of what's hot the other side of the pond.
Group photo at the Raglan Road.
Out front.
Coaster.
yadilitta yadilitta
Authentic Irish Pub in KC - Raglan Road Irish Pub Jun 20, 2008
Well, I haven’t been in Ireland yet and maybe I shouldn’t say it, but I think this place is authentic. I also have been told it’s has been entirely made in Ireland. How so? Well, all the pieces of the pub have been brought from Ireland! Wow! It has a beautiful decoration. The style is classic, but not cheesy. I went there during a TB Meet Up. We have been there in 3 different occasions. First for lunch, then in the middle of the afternoon just to chill out and also at night for party time.

Regarding the food I can say that the menu has emphasis on the true Irish cuisine. Eric & I shared their famous “Shepherd’s pie”, which was really tasty. Other friends ordered different dishes and all of them looked delicious. Of course, it’s an Irish Pub, so the drink offer is huge. The service was good, they managed to serve to all of us almost at same time and were patient since we didn’t decide fast what we wanted to order. Our waiter, Marcus, was really friendly. He offered to take group shots with all the cameras we had, while he was giving us advice about what to do later that day. The dining has a great glass and woodwork. Every detail there was impressive.

In the middle of the afternoon we were just hanging out in the patio. It’s nice sit in the big live entertainment area and next to a bar, really calm and perfect to talk with your friends.

As our waiter told us, there was an Irish dancer at night. She did a great performance. There was a stage set up in the main room, where they played live music.

The vibe of this place is cool. The environment is friendly and happy. As most of the Irish Pub I have visited, it’s a place where it’s impossible not having fun, especially if you are with your friends.
Shepherd's pie
nice bar!!
inside the dining area

Related Travel Blogs About Raglan Road Irish Pub

2009 St. Patrick's Day Party - TravBuddy Style
  2009 St. Patrick's Day Party - TravBuddy Style   Lola and James co-hosted a terrific TravBuddy St. Patrick's Day Shindig in the downtown Kansas City Power & Light District. We…Raglan Road Irish Pub 170 E 14th St www.raglanroadirishpub.com (816) 994-9700   Eight Great Kansas City TravBuddy St. Patrick…

Check Kansas City Hotel Deals