Raging Thunder, White Water Rafting

Tully, Australia

Raging Thunder, White Water Rafting Tully Reviews

terri_casey terri_ca…
Fun day on the rapids Oct 27, 2013
There are many places that you can be picked up for this activity – Cairns and Mission Beach being the main stops.

I was collected from my hostel in Mission Beach at 7.45am for a full day on the Tully River white water rafting. Pick up is earlier, due to the distance, from Cairns.

The tour guides are very well informed about Tully including the sugar cane plantations and the cyclones. We were taught a lot of interesting facts on our way to the start of our rafting.

Take shoes, a towel, dry clothes and plenty of sunscreen. No need for a waterproof camera as there is a photographer all day but the pictures, given on a USB key, are $100 for the set. You can of course split this cost with the other 7 rafters in your group.

I had an amazing day on this trip and our guide Macca was a barrel of laughs trying things that other groups just didn’t attempt. You are able to leave the raft at intervals to float downstream feet up bottom down skimming the rocks. Oh and guys….legs closed.

A BBQ lunch was provided half way through the day before finishing off with rock jumping, looks much higher when you are hanging off that rock and a beer and socializing back at base before being dropped back at your accommodation.

A day full of fun, entertainment and information.

I would like to try the extreme rafting but have been advised by the guides that it isn’t worth paying the extra bucks.

NOTE – There is no changing area after rafting.

Check Tully Hotel Deals