Raging Thunder Sea Kayak

Cairns, Australia

Raging Thunder Sea Kayak Cairns Reviews

applewoman applewom…
Sea Kayak, hard but fun! Dec 21, 2010
We went by ferry to Fitzroy Island.

The ferry leaves from Cairns. One disadvantage you have to check in at about 8 am but the ferry leaves at 9am so a waste of time.

Fitzroy Island is a very beautiful Island to hang out.

After arriving we got a lecture about sea kayaking. The guide was a lot of fun.

The tour to Little Fitzroy Island by kayak takes about two hours. It’s an exhausting activity. The kayaks are for two and my son and I couldn’t make it on our own. The sea was very rough too so it was even more difficult. Luckily the guide tied a rope to their kayak so we could peddle a bit easier. So for a single mum and a 9-year old son the trip is rather hard. I can understand why kids under 8 are not allowed.

At Little Fizroy Island we could snorkel. Very nice snorkel spot. But the snorkel gear wasn’t that great. The mask leaked, so that made it difficult to have a relaxed snorkel.

Only the sea kayak trip is organized, after lunch you have free time.

We had a very nice lunch with lots of drinks included.

In the afternoon we hung out at the island. I also snorkeled there and my son enjoyed himself on the water trampoline.

We even spotted a whale. The guide showed it to me, otherwise I never noticed it. But the whales stayed near the island for more than an hour so we saw their playing several times. I even was lucky to capture it on camera.

We took the ferry back to Cairns. On the ferry I noticed that I forgot our jackets. I went to the desk in Cairns and they said to leave my address to ship it to Belgium (Europe) cause it was our last day. I ‘ve never heard anything of it, until last week... two jackets delivered! What a service!!!
By ferry to Fitzroy Island
Arriving at Fitzroy Island
Info board
The dark spot: Millions of little …

Check Cairns Hotel Deals