Radisson Sonya Hotel

Radisson Sonya Hotel Rates and Deals

Radisson Sonya Hotel Saint Petersburg Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great stay with great service Nov 15, 2010
It was the first time for me in Russia and naturally also in Skt. Petersburg. I had planned to travel alone but I had still booked a double room as I always do when I travel alone. I have gotten tired of paying the same amount as a couple and getting a crummy room under a staircase or something that is worse.

Just for fun I called one of my friends Bo to ask if he wanted to tag along and much to my surprise he was up for it. I had booked myself in at the Radisson Sonya Hotel which is one of the two Radisson hotels in the city centre. I wrote to them about changing my king size bed to two single beds and they quickly responded that it was no problem for them.

My friend Bo and I have known each others for more than thirty years so we have been travelling a lot together and the only thing that is certain is that it never will be boring.

We arrived in the early afternoon at the hotel after an easy taxi drive from the airport. From the outside the hotel looked like a normal housing building and it was pretty difficult to see that the pink house actually was a hotel. The road outside the hotel was actually under reconstruction so we had to be let off at the main street that was heavily trafficked.

Inside the hotel looked nice and classy with a modern design touch over it. We went to the reception and were greeted by a very sweet and friendly receptionist. She asked us if we wanted an upgrade because that was possible and we looked at each other and accepted. The extra fee would set us back 50 euro more per night by we would get a much larger room.

We were given a room 535 which turned out to be at the far end of fifth floor actually so far away that we could not find it the first time and had to have help in retrieving it. Once we entered we were quite happy with what we had gotten.

The room had a really nice size, and the colours were soft in earthly colours, there were two large single beds, a nice desk, a large chair, fridge and a nespresso coffee machine. The bathroom was nice too and all in all we looked forward to our stay so much, that the first thing we did was open a bottle of champagne.

The people in the reception, the doormen and all personnel that we met during our entire stay were really friendly and service minded. Even though we had breakfast included we never made it down before they had closed but the buffet looked nice and so did the area where they served the breakfast which was designed like and covered inner court between for buildings.

The design features in the entire hotel were really modern with colourful lamps and Photostats of people and buildings hanging everywhere like in the halls and even in the rooms. The bar downstairs next to the reception was a popular meeting spot for business people that stayed in the hotel.
Lamp in the reception
The escape plan
The hall
Art in the hall

Radisson Sonya Hotel Overview

The Radisson Sonya Hotel offers free Wi-Fi, tennis courts and a tour desk as well as conference room(s), a concierge and a sauna. St Petersburg city centre is within a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

If you're travelling with a family in tow, the Radisson Sonya Hotel offers sizeable rooms geared towards the requirements of families and kids. All rooms are air conditioned and come with a TV, cable / satellite channels and a safe. Prospective guests have the option of choosing a non-smoking room. If access is a concern, prospective guests will be happy to know the hotel provides wheelchair access. The rooms at the hotel offer complimentary toiletries, tea and coffee making facilities and a mini bar.

Radisson Sonya Hotel Amenities

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower