Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam

Check Bandar Seri Begawan Hotel Deals

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam Bandar Seri Begawan Reviews

DAO DAO
Excellent in Brunei's Capital Jan 08, 2017
When I first arrived in the lobby, several uniformed gentlemen made sure that I was checked-in quickly, had

full information about the hotel, a local map and showed me to my room. My room was very nice and

good-sized. I had to double beds and the mattresses were excellent. My room had lots of neat features. When

I opened my large walk-in closet, the lights came on and my robe was hanging there waiting for me to jump

into it. Near my bed were electrical outlets that could take almost any type of plug, even ones from the UK.

My mini-bar was big enough to put my own drinks into. The bathroom was excellent and I really enjoyed my

rain shower and top quality toiletries.

It was evening and I went down to the buffet restaurant before they closed. This was the only issue I had the

whole time. I was told I was too late. It was 30 minute until they closed. I walked in anyway. The lazy

women there even forgot to charge me. The food was average.

The next day I realised that the hotel is an easy walk to the Royal Regalia Museum, the Sultan Omar Ali

Saifuddien Mosque, and the Kampong Ayer Water Village. Also a very easy stroll to a multitude of

restaurants.

Relaxing at the hotel is great. They have an outdoor pool with massive covered sun loungers. I enjoyed

sitting around reading my book and drinking my duty free mixed with soft drinks and ice from the

‘bar’. Please be discrete, but a multitude of sins can be disguised in a plastic soda bottle.

This is an excellent hotel. Please do ask for a room at the back as some young folks try drag racing their cars

past the front at night.

Unique Qualities:

HOTEL OVERVIEW:

* 142 rooms with a great location, fully air-conditioned, quiet, great facilities

* 100% non-smoking

* Currency exchange, car rental, gift shop, tour booking

* Free daily shuttle service to shopping malls

* Free Wi-Fi

* Swimming pool/bar, gym and full SPA

* 2 restaurants and bars

* Free cold drinks in the lobby all day

* Full Business Center and conference facilities 24 hours a day

* Transfer to the airport – chargeable

ROOMS:

All rooms have: Air-conditioning, mini-bar, coffee/tea, bathrobe/slippers, CD/DVD player, large TV, free

Wi-Fi, pointer to Mecca, bidet, rain showers, excellent toiletries, extended check-out at 6 p.m. (free!),

iPad/iPod docking station, Iron/ironing board, large work desk, universal power outlets

• Room Types: Superior Rooms (23 sq metres), Deluxe Rooms (27 sqm), Executive Suite (54 sqm),

Premier Suite (81 sqm)

FOOD AND DRINK:

* Tasek Brasserie, an all-day-dining restaurant serving buffet and à la carte choices

* Deals Restaurant – upscale international cuisine

* Pool-side ‘bar’

LEISURE FACILITIES:

* Beautiful outdoor pool area with a bar and light snacks (open daily 6-10 p.m.)

* Full modern gym

* Full SPA and treatments
spocklogic says:
Excellent looking place with plenty of amenities. Seems like they could have let you have a quick bite to eat at the dinner buffet with 30 minutes to closing.
Posted on: Jan 08, 2017
mdfehmel mdfehmel
Good Hotel in Brunei Apr 22, 2014
On a recent business trip to Brunei, I stayed at the Radisson in Bandar Seri Begawan. I'm not normally a fan of Radissons (although the Radisson Blu line is fairly decent), but in this town, this was the only western hotel chain option. The location was great; walking distance from most of the major sites in the downtown area, to include the river front, as well as a few decent restaurants. Across the board I grade the hotel as slightly above average, but all in all, it was safe, clean and well located so I can't really complain. The hotel had a couple decent restaurants and a good breakfast buffet (included in the room rate) that featured a good cross section of local Asian as well as European and Americal-style choices along with a good egg station, good fesh juices and French cafe-style coffee options. Although I didn't check out the gym, all I had to do was strap on some running shoes, go out the front door and make a left or right for a good jog which always buys favor in my book. We had access to the executive lounge, however, being a dry country, there was no alcohol, which is normally the biggest draw to a lounge. However, there is an allowance of alcohol for non-Muslims, so you can BYOB if you so choose (my collegue and I so chose) - check the most recent importation laws to make sure. You can them bum all of the mixers you need from the lounge and either enjoy them there or partake in your party activities back in your room. There was a nice pool area on the property although I did not have an opportunity to enjoy it. If my business travels ever bring me back to Brunei, I will certainly stay in this hotel again (and remember to bring my bathing suit).
One of the local sites within walk…
View from my room at the Radisson …
View ofmy room at the Radisson Bru…
Radisson Brunei
sarahsan sarahsan
A large hotel with a friendly atmosphere Oct 10, 2010
Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam is located in the outskirt of Bandar Seri Begawan. Outskirt might seem inconvenient, but no worries. You walk from the hotel and through town in 10 minutes. This is a tiny city. The hotel used to be a Sheraton hotel, but was taken over by Radisson a short while ago. They apologized for any inconvenience caused by the renovation work that was going on. I never heard a sound or saw a worker, so it was no inconvenience at all.

The rooms were nice and spacious and decorated in a delicate beige colour. Since this was Asia I was expecting a hard bed, but not this time. It was nice and comfortable. The room had the usual facilities like TV, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, trouser press, electronic safe and free WI-FI. There was also a minibar, but Brunei being a non-alcohol country it only consisted of water and soft drinks.

The bathroom was also nice and had lots of amenities. Both the room and the bathroom were very clean.

Breakfast was not included in the rate, so I did not try the buffet. There were so many nice local places nearby. The restaurant looked nice though. Refreshments like apple and pineapple juice were complimentary in the reception at all times.

Other facilities were the outdoor pool and the spa on the first floor. I tried a couple of treatments at the spa and it was very nice. Nelia from the Philippines did a fantastic hot stone massage and Moon from Thailand did an excellent body scrub. Prices were not cheap, but fare better than what you pay in Europe or in the US.

The reception staff all had one thing in common, they were very polite, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The chamber maids and the restaurant staff were also very friendly. I felt very welcome at the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam and was always treated with great respect. I can highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay here again if I return to Bandar Seri Begawan.
sarahsan says:
Thanks for taking time to read my review gpat! Appreciate it!
Posted on: Oct 17, 2010
Glynnes says:
I enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Oct 17, 2010

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam Overview

The Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam is ideally located near the city centre, making it ideal for both corporate and leisure travellers visiting Bandar Seri Begawan. Hotel guests can enjoy several popular Brunei attractions, including the Tomb of Sultan Bolkiah, the Taradevi Temples, Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque and the Brunei Museum. The Radisson is also just nine kilometres from Brunei International Airport.

The Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam features 142 spacious guest rooms and elegant suites, each with a panoramic view of the capital city or our lush garden. Guests may choose from a variety of room types, including Deluxe Rooms, City View Rooms and Club Level Rooms. All of our Bandar Seri Begawan hotel's rooms have been tastefully decorated and comfortably furnished with modern amenities, such as high-speed Internet, mini bars and refrigerators.

In addition to its comfortable rooms, abundant services and ideal location, the Radisson also features on-site dining outlets offering guests fresh, innovative international cuisine. With fine dining at Tasek Brasserie, casual dining at Deals and room service, the Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam is one of the best hotels in Bandar Seri Begawan for business dinners, family celebrations or meals with friends.

Radisson Hotel Brunei Darussalam Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite