Radisson Blu es. Hotel Rome

Check Rome Hotel Deals

Radisson Blu es. Hotel Rome Reviews

mikeym mikeym
5-star near Termini Jan 25, 2015
During my recent stay in Rome I chose a hotel over a hostel this time around. Long story short I injured my foot, exhausted from flight delays and really didn't want to lug my backpack around any further than I really needed to. When leaving Rome's airport I took Trenitalia to Termini train station arriving mid day, I stepped out of the terminal and a short walk I was already in front of the hotel.

The hotel is pretty large, about 7-8 floors I believe. Very modern, sophisticated look to it. Neon lights accent the structure inside and out. The building is gated and secured with key card access and cameras throughout. I made my way to the 4th floor and was amazed at how spacious it was for just myself. I had a large king size bed, a big tub/ shower, flat screen tv and room service at a touch of a button. Toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion are plentiful. There was no glorious view of Rome from my window which was the really the only downside to the property. I chose not to eat at the hotel because of the prices but mainly because I was in...ROME. Some of the best eats are here and I made sure I took advantage of that.

I decided to explore the city. Location of the hotel is not too bad. I found Rome very walkable even with my injured foot. The hotel is only about a 10-15 minute walk to the Colisseum and maybe 45 minutes to the Vatican. Restaurants are abundant near the hotel and being away from the 'touristy' areas prices seemed to be a little bit cheaper as well.

The rooms were cleaned daily. The bath tub design was very odd, it had a shelf-like ring around it so when you took a shower the water would gather around the rim and out onto the floor. I used the tub once to relax and after I had gotten out I realized I flooded the room. There must have been a leak inside the tub, oops. I didn't mention anything to the hotel because I was afraid they would blame me for it and charge me so I left it alone.

I didn't have a reservation but I knew the price after searching on Agoda.com. The receptionist told me a more expensive price and I told her what I found so she told me to just book through Agoda and that she would take care of the rest. Saved myself a few hundred Euros, thankfully!

Overall I would recommend this hotel. I believe it's much more suited for a couple, a family or a business traveler.

Check Rome Hotel Deals