Radisson Blu Strand Hotel Stockholm

Radisson Blu Strand Hotel Stockholm Rates and Deals

Radisson Blu Strand Hotel Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Fabulous hotel with a super view Nov 09, 2010
I was back in Stockholm and it was the first day when the snow hit the city and everything went bonkers. When I landed everything looked nice and white but far from as bad as I expected. I went for the taxis when I heard that the express train to Stockholm was not running due to frozen tracks.

The taxi queue was crazy it took me 45 minutes before I got one and half of the time was standing outside in the snow just waiting in the wind. My taxi driver drove fast to hotel and I arrived to an empty capital where most of the people stayed indoors.

The Radisson Strand is situated marvellously just next to the water and it was my first time there. Outside the hotel I was met by 3 smokers standing outside breathing through their cigarettes. The receptionist was a quick and friendly young man that had full control of the situation. I was given superior room on the first floor (Room 122) and when I opened the door all my tiring trip and smiled.

The room was huge and the dimmed light and with a view over the harbour put a big smile on my face. I walked to the windows and enjoyed the view of the harbour. It was the best view I had in Stockholm since I stayed at the Marriott and could overlook the Town Hall and the surrounding water.

The room had a huge bed that I could not wait to try; it was a real king size bed. The room had also a chair that almost was too big for the room. There was a nice sized flat screen and some really nice Italian designer lamps and one of them was the oversized table lamp. There was a huge desk from where I could work and I really liked that there were loads of AC/DC possibilities.

I who was so tired less than 30 minutes earlier had lived up and I decided to unpack and go down to get a beer in their bar and maybe meet a colleague. Down at the reception I decided to order a taxi for the next morning because I had no belief that there wouldn’t be any problems the coming morning.

They had a nice bar situated next to their restaurant and there were a lot of people hanging out there and I took a look at their beer selection and I decided to go for a Gottlands Brewery Wisby Weisse. The beer was really nice and I decided to take a beer more before I headed up in bed. The second one was from the same brewery and a Sleepy Bulldog Pale Ale that was really good too.

Next morning I skipped the breakfast and just went for the reception to check out. My taxi driver was already there waiting for me so after a short check out I was ready to go to work. The driver turned out to be really nice and we had a talk all the way out to Solna where my office is located.
The entrance to the room
sarahsan says:
I like that hotel too!
Tinktinkie says:
Great review and photos!
Glynnes says:
Nice review and photos;-D

Radisson Blu Strand Hotel Stockholm Overview

The Radisson Blu Strand Hotel Stockholm is located near the waterfront in the heart of the city. From the hotel, it is possible to walk to the central business district and the Old Town shopping area is only 500 meters away. The Radisson Blu Strand Hotel Stockholm is 41 km from Arlanda Airport.

There are 152 rooms at the Radisson Blu Strand Hotel Stockholm, available as standards or suites. Rooms blend contemporary pieces with historical décor, and some rooms face the Nybroviken offering waterfront views. Bathrooms are ultra modern with bathrobes and slippers. Other amenities include satellite television, free wireless Internet, safe box, and coffee and tea making equipment.

The Radisson Blu Strand Hotel Stockholm is a historical brick building that was renovated in 2002, the same year it won “Best View in Sweden.” The hotel has a full service restaurant and a cocktail bar serving snacks along with unique cocktails. There are meeting facilities backed by a business support center. There is a full service space, and discounted access to nearby gyms.

Radisson Blu Strand Hotel Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Excursions
  • Tennis Courts (indoor)
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Photocopier
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes