Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel Stockholm

Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel Stockholm Rates and Deals

Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel Stockholm Reviews

hightide hightide
Prime location neighbouring Arlanda Central station Jul 02, 2017
I chose this hotel as it is just a few steps to Arlanda Central station - where I needed to take the Arlanda Express train to ARN airport on my last day.

When I arrived early (around noon), I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my room was already ready for check-in. The single room was reasonably-sized, spotless with a cosy big bed + 2 pillows.

An employee told me that in-room local calls are free, so I made 2 short local calls during my stay. At check out, I was told that I owe SEK 50 in telephone fees that was promptly waived when I mentioned an employee told me they are free.

Wifi signal was strong both at the lobby and in-room.

Interestingly, Sunday happens to be the cheapest day for hotel rates in Stockholm so I got a good price - USD 95 (which I consider cheap for a 4 star hotel in central Stockholm in summer).
View from the 6th floor of thr hal…
hightide says:
Thanks Holger :) No, breakfast wasn't included.
Posted on: Jul 18, 2017
HORSCHECK says:
Great hotel review. Interesting story about the phone fees. I definitely agree about the good price for such a hotel in central Stockholm. Was breakfast even included in the price?
Posted on: Jul 17, 2017
Chokk Chokk
Great to reach from the fast train from Arlanda (Arlanda-Expressen) Mar 29, 2010
The Radisson Blu Royal Viking is a five star hotel situated in the middle of Stockholm. The situation is second to none; it is almost next to the central Tunnel banan (the metro) and the central station where the high speed train from Arlanda (Stockholm Airport) arrives. From the high speed train you have to walk less than 500 meters.

The hotel has actually two main entrances and you enter in to a large lounge area that really shows the dimensions of the hotel. I arrived at 7 pm after a full day of work in Stockholm and I was obviously not the only one; there was a long queue checking in to the hotel.

I found it a bit disappointing that I had to use almost 15 min in a queue to check in but I could understand that there would be peak times for this exercise. It turned out that their booking system had some backlogs but this is what happens, but I had been quite calm. One reason for my calm might have been the fact that a blond Swedish photo model was posing in some nice sexy evening clothes on the stairs just above me all the time while I was waiting.

When checked in I arrived at a sweet girl that was on the job training; she was extremely friendly and trying her best and smiling a lot of her small faults. I didn’t mind because I was in no hurry and we all had a first time of all what we have done. She gave me a room on the 4th floor and I was off to my room.

I found my room almost on the other side of the hotel and I opened my door. As soon as entered I felt the recognition; I had stayed at this hotel before long time ago.

The room was a nice size but in the average end; there were two single beds next to each other’s but with 15 cm of air between then; obviously they anticipate anybody being close to each other in this room.

The colours were yellow and red and I was back in to something I had stayed at in Spain or at Madam Rene in Quartier Latin in Paris, but this was not as cozy. The room felt kind of old fashion but without me being able to put a finger on it. I quickly checked the blue inspired bathroom and I was satisfied; all seemed to be there and be working.

I turned the TV and took a coca cola from the mini bar; before I reached the TV programs I got caught up in a local sponsored hotel commercial about the city of Stockholm and all things to do in this wonder city. I was quite taken by the program and looked forward to exploring more of it during the summer.

I left the room after being motivated for my coming visits and left for eating somewhere in the neighbourhood. I came back a couple of hour later and found the hotel nice and quiet.

After a good night’s sleep I went down for the breakfast on the first floor; the breakfast was nice but very businesslike. It was a hotel with loads of Business to Business people; the restaurant was full of suits like me jabbing through a quick meal before the working day a head. I finished also my meal quite fast before I went up for my things in order to reach my work again.

Taking a taxi in Stockholm can be compared to Russian roulette; you never know when you get the wild shot. There are some companies that you can trust; the names are named on the door out of the hotel; but out there the wolves pack waits. I always walk the central station less than 500 meters away to take a taxi and I usually have no problems.

Inside the lounge area you find the bar; Fisken, which is a nice on your way out of or in to the hotel and on the 9th floor you can find the Sky bar.
The hotel from outside
The room
The bed
The bathroom
rsvpme says:
Time for a zoom lens..like me...:)
Chokk says:
I am getting to an age where I get remarks when I take pictures of young women haha !
rsvpme says:
And...you did not take pics of Swedish Model....You are losing your touch...at least you managed the night club.
bcruise247 bcruise2…
Very nice Feb 22, 2009
Very nice for the money i would def recommend this place to anyone coming to stockholm
Quest Quest
Nice hotel Mar 16, 2008
Stayed here a couple of nights in March, and I liked it. The rooms have an ok size, with what you need for a few nights stay. If I were to stay longer though, I would have wanted a larger room.

The staff were polite and helpfull.

It's located just around the corner from Stockholm Central Trainstation and has easy access to Arlanda Airport with the Arlanda Express train. You're in walking distance to the city centre and The Old Town. And this is what I actually enjoyed the most about it.

I can recommend this hotel if you're in Stockholm for a few days.
website pic

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Excursions
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Photocopier
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower