Average rate: $113 - Hotel class: 4 stars

Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City Rates and Deals

Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Not at the beach Aug 07, 2011
Radisson Blu Media City Dubai is located, like the name indicates, in Dubai Media City, a 10 minutes walk from the Nakheel Metro Station and one metro stop from Dubai Marina.

I arrived early in Dubai and was at the hotel at 9:15 am. Usually, if they have rooms available, Radisson let you check in early, but not this hotel. Without looking in the computer, the receptionist said that check-in was at 2 pm and that all rooms were occupied. She said that she would let me know as soon as a room was ready, so I told her that I would be by the pool.

Since I did not have a room I went to the gym to change and store my luggage. The gym was well equipped and the lady in the reception was the sweetest. The changing rooms were super clean and had all the amenities you can thing of.

At 2:05 pm I went down to the reception. No one had let me know that the room had been ready for a while. I checked in and gave them the same credit card I had used when I guaranteed for the reservation. To my surprise, the hotel denied my credit card. Without asking me, the receptionist dialled Master Cards number and was going to charge the call to my room. I chose to use my own mobile phone to call them. Master card did not understand the problem, but guaranteed for the amount manually. I finally got my room, a room facing the business lounge terrace.

The room was very nice and spacious, and had all the amenities one might need, including free WI-FI.

The bathroom was decorated in white tiles, which made it look nice and clean. It had both a walk in shower and a tub.

The hotel consists of two buildings connected with a glass bridge. The gym and a small outdoor pool on the second floor were in the west building. A pool which was on the “wrong” side of the building and in the shadow all day. The second pool was on the 8th floor of the east building. This one was also mostly in the shadow most of the day (until 2pm), and very few deck chairs were in the sun all day. There was also a pool bar, but service was lousy. You always had to get up an order by the bar, they did not walk around the pool to take orders.

I only had breakfast in the restaurant on the ground floor, which was absolutely fantastic. A great buffet with plenty of warm and cold choices from both the Middle Eastern and the Western kitchen. If you don´t have breakfast included, it´s an extra AED 100 ($25).

The first night was fine, but then the nightmare started. From about 7 pm – 1 am they had a DJ at the outdoor terrace on the top floor. It was so loud, my bed was shivering and it was impossible to sleep. It´s not a problem if you´re there to party, but if you´re on business and/or need to rest, it is a big problem. I called the reception, which told me that they would turn down the volume. This did not happen. When the noise continued the following night as well, I called the reception again and complained. They spoke to the manager and around midnight I was given a new room facing the other side. What a difference!

The night before I was leaving, I asked if everything was okay with the payment and I was told that it was. Well, at 6 am the next morning, they denied my credit card again, despite that Master Card had guaranteed for it. I finally got the guy to call the manager and the CC was accepted. What a mess!

Would I recommend Radisson Blu Media City? I don’t know! It´s a nice, modern and elegant hotel, but the staff needs to be trained much better. The reception manager, Nilesh, was very professional, but the rest of them seemed to have an attitude, particularly the the girls in the reception. The hotel is also far from the beach, so if you are on that kind of holiday, find another place to stay. Through the hotel you can get entrance to a private beach club for AED 90. Not worth the price, it was nothing great.

Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City Overview

Discover comfort and convenience amidst the bustling media hub of the city of Dubai at the Radisson SAS Hotel, Dubai Media City. This modern property with its chic interiors and technologically advanced facilities has a contemporary design ethos, which makes it stand out from the rest. The hotel offers an extensive choice of food and beverage and unique recreation options while offering some of the best conference and meeting facilities. Its close proximity to the beach and the city's vibrant shopping areas make it the perfect destination to mix business with pleasure. Our fully equipped health club provides exclusive facilities to meet all your fitness, wellness and relaxation needs. Get rid of those extra calories at the gym which is equipped with the latest state-of-the-art equipment or unwind in the outdoor infinity pool. The swim-up bar offers a selection of light snacks and fresh juices and a second pool with sundeck is located on the rooftop of the East Tower which opens in October 2006. Leave the cares of the day behind as you embark on a journey of pure relaxation amidst the peaceful and tranquil setting of our exclusive wellness centre with its five Asian themed treatment rooms. Choose from a vast selection of therapies guaranteed to chase the stress away or simply pamper yourself at the beauty salon. Set beside the promenade of Dubai Marina, this hotel is in the new Dubai business area, including Media City, Internet City and Knowledge Village. Rooms are decorated in warm shades of burgundy with dark wood furniture; all have wireless internet and LCD TVs. Guests enjoy access to the hotel's health club and exclusive wellness centre, including a swimming pool, sauna, and massage treatments. Set 35 kilometers from the center of Dubai, the Radisson SAS Media City (United Arab Emirates) offers a convenient location three kilometers from the Emirates Golf Course. The property is also close to the Mall of the Emirates and 15 kilometers from the Kart Centre. Dubai International Airport is 32 kilometers away.

Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City Amenities

• Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes