Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel

97 Great Russell Street, London, United Kingdom

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel Rates and Deals

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel London Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice hotel and fabulous location - but the design in the bathroom - forget it! Jul 05, 2013
I was back in London for yet another TB meet-up and I arrived irritatingly late of a Friday night. I wish I had taken an earlier flight because I would arrive a couple of hours too late for the first arrangement with the TBs. I had booked two nights at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth located in the Bloomsbury area, close to the British Museum, where I would not set a foot but also close to Leicester Square and Covent Garden, which was much more appropriate. I took the subway from Heathrow which felt like ages because the train was full and the temperature was pretty high. When I reach Hyde Park Corner I had enough and decided to get up and catch a taxi for the rest of the distance. I quickly found a taxi and luckily the driver know his way and I was quite fast at the hotel.

I stepped out and looked at the building that hardly looked like a hotel and also hardly had a sign stating that I was at the right place. I stepped inside and was glad to feel the air-condition working because I was really hot. There were only two persons in the queue to check-in but it took ages and I wanted to be at another place. It became my turn and suddenly a taxi driver jumped in front of me starting to ask all kinds of questions regarding it being the right hotel and if Mr This and Mr. That had booked at this Radisson or at the other one on the other side of the road. He got his answers and the receptionist apologized but I guess he could see that I was a bit irritated and but I tried to keep cool and when I handed him my gold card he started to look for and upgrade for me. I had booked a single room what I usually never do but their prices were quite high, and now I was getting an upgrade for free which made up for the long check-in procedure. I finally got my room and went to the elevator to the 4th floor, where I quickly found my room. I had not been in either London, Paris or Rome for a while so I had forgotten what a small double room looked like.

The room was not much larger than the double bed, but the room was nice. The materials that were used had been of good quality and the woodwork was nice. When I entered the room it was pretty dark so even though I was in a hurry I removed the shades in order to get a better view of the room. There was a nice desk with a small desk in front of the foot end of the bed. There was a small mini bar which would come in handy the following morning. There was a fair sized flat screen which was quite close to the bed as there was not much distance between the bed and the narrow desk. The where I think that they had gone bonkers in the room was the bathroom where they had put in a way to large shower glass wall. This meant that you had to crawl over the sink in order to get in to the shower and I had almost to jump over the sink to get out again. This was way to crazy compared to if they just had used a shower curtain.

The hotel was otherwise quite nice, and the location was totally amazing and I could easily see myself going there again. There was a high level of customer service in the reception and the second night I asked I could move my check-out time to 2 am and that was no problem at all.
The bed and the room!
The room
The room
The bathroom with the nonsense ent…
Chokk says:
Well - the room was not larger than a piece of paper!
mdfehmel says:
I was laughing when I read your review. The place was nice and had a great location, just too small for my taste.
mdfehmel mdfehmel
Decent Hotel in London Oct 07, 2013
When on a recent business trip to London, the guys I was meeting up with were staying here at the Radisson Blu. I found that the location was OK, as it was in close proximity to Leicester Square and Picadilly, but I would have preferred to stay closer to Hyde Park. I found the rooms here entirely too small and the service was OK at best. The room, although clean, had very little storage for one who prefers to unpack as opposed to living out of a suitcase, and the bathroom (again, clean and new) was so small, there was not even room to set down my hygiene bag. The restaurant was OK to have a couple of beers after work but I never ate there to give it an honest assessment. For what it is worth, I used this hotel for its most basic purpose: at the end of the day I slept here, but did not use any of the other hotel amenities. Perhaps this an unfair review, but the cramped feeling and out-of-the-way location turned me off from the get go. On a return trip to London I will not stay here.
Less than desirable view from my t…
My tiny room at the Radisson Blu E…
Chokk says:
I agree that the room was just too tiny and the bathroom even worse :)

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel Overview

The Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel London is located in Great Russel Street and holds a prime location in Bloomsbury. It is close to famous site such as the British Museum, Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square and Photographers Gallery. A host of bar, clubs and music venues are also located nearby.

Each of the 186 guestrooms is decorated with designer furniture and marble bathrooms. Facilities include satellite televisions, desks, mini bars, telephones and air-conditioning units. Private bathrooms are equipped with bathrobes, phones, slippers and complimentary toiletries.

This 4-star rated property offers a variety of amenities. These include a business center, fitness room, function rooms, 24-hour room service, wireless Internet access and a safe-deposit box. The Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel London also offers an airport shuttle, wedding services and valet parking. A restaurant and bar are also available on-site.

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel Amenities

• Function Rooms
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes