Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel Rates and Deals

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel London Reviews

sweetheather sweethea…
Excellet Location Nov 16, 2011
I stayed here for three nightsin room 321 (on the back of the building) after choosing the hotel based on the quality, price, location, along with the availability of a fridge in the room and free WIFI.

I didn't realise how convenient the location would be! I've stayed in several different areas on London over the years, and this one was the most convenient - being right next door to Warren Street tube station, a few minutes walk from Euston Square tube station for some other lines, and when all else fails there are loads of buses in front of the hotel and just a minute's walk down Grafton Way.

It's not just transportation that's great - it's also close to some late night supermarkets, which is a great advantage as the room had an empty mini-bar fridge (although it doesn't seem to get particularly cold). The area has an old reputation for being "seedy" when in fact this isn't the case - returning to the hotel late on Friday night showed quiet streets (with the occasional rowdy student) but otherwise nothing to be concerned about.

The WIFI coverage in the room was excellent, and the room came with a good TV and a built in desk with plenty of electrical sockets (including an American 120v socket, if it's of interest to anyone). It's a shame there weren't sockets next to the bed - us smartphone users have to suffer with battery life sometimes! :)

The room also came with a trouser press in the cupboard which didn't seem to be working, but an iron and ironing board also in the room sufficed. The cupboard also included a safe.

The room was very quiet (I had asked for a room on the back knowing that Tottenham Court Road would possibly be quite noisy). In fact, I didn't hear a peep from outside, or neighbouring rooms, and all of the (rare) external noise came from the hallway.

The room was actually large and spacious, and mine had a king sized bed - I was expecting a quirky room based on some of the other reviews mentioned here but the size was perfect.

The hotel is clearly still undergoing renovations, as while I was there we saw numerous "wet paint" signs, and a lot of marble work was being done in the foyer. I wasn't affected by the renovations whatsoever.

The staff seemed a little detached. The foyer can become very crowded and chaotic - without a marked queue the chaos is a little daunting. When I arrived I was pleased to learn our room was available (well ahead of time, I was just willing to drop of luggage as we had arrived hours prior to check-in time). I was told by the man at the desk that he cannot do check-ins at this desk (no signage to show otherwise), and two minutes later the same man at the same desk was told to check us in (by who I assume was the duty manager), and seemed panic-stricken with the task.

Now, I can understand it's difficult when the computer system changes (so I was told), but when the man asked for help from a colleague at another desk she sharply told him she cannot help and dropped him back in the mess. The duty manager eventually swung by and helped him out, but I felt like there's a bit of conflict going on between some of the staff here which was surprising to witness.

One on one though the staff are all very friendly and courteous and the hotel was very comfortable during my stay. I would recommend it, and hopefully stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the rear for a quieter stay
sarahelaine sarahela…
Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel Nov 09, 2010
The Radisson Edwardian Grafton is part of the Radisson chain, and is located

right on the corner of Euston Road and Tottenham Court Road outside Warren

Street tube station. If you are travelling in from the North West of England,

that makes it very handy for the train station. It’s also very close by tube to

the West End and Oxford Street.

The hotel is one of the nicer hotels I’ve stayed in in London. It’s got low

key, stripy walls and a nice bed, and nice showers, and there was lots of nice

Vietnamese art on the walls. Breakfast was good, and in a more pleasantly

decorated room than many hotels I’ve had breakfast in. I enjoyed my stay, apart

from the poor soundproofing which meant that the traffic noise leaked into my

dreams.

The other slight caveat is that my colleagues who are taller than me say that

many of the rooms are uncomfortably small if you are not, say 5 feet three

inches. The room I was in was fine, apart from a short flight of steps that

would be tricky if you were on crutches or something. I liked the hotel a lot,

and might well go back some time.
dougal dougal
Sep 11, 2006
The Radisson Grafton is your typical large London hotel, catering for business travellers and the usual stream of tourists (usually coach parties of American or Japanese travellers.)

Décor wise the best word to describe it is 'brown'.  Everything seems to be brown or a shade of it.  I guess it's supposed to give a feel of expensive Edwardian décor, with loads of wood panelling in the rooms and corridors (and yes it's a very dark brown.)

The breakfast is pretty decent and well stocked, catering for both traditional English and continental breakfasts.  It's served in the hotel's bar cum dining area and can get a bit hectic at busy times so make sure to give yourself time to eat your fill.

Some impressions of the hotel - good, bad and indifferent.

Location - for me the best aspect of this place is it's location on the Tottenham Court Road.  You're far enough away from the tourist traps and high society bars to be able to get some food without taking out a second mortgage but there are plenty of very good places to hang out in the evening all around you.  My new favourite eating area (Charlotte Street) is just around the corner!!  There is also a late night Tesco next door and a Sainsbury's across the road if you want to stock up on stuff to take back to your room too.

Reception - the oddest hotel reception I've encountered in London.  Rather than the usual large room with long desk there is just a very small porch type affair with a couple of small 'pods' with the check in computers on them.  Not really sure what to make of all that...

View - I could see the Post Office Tower from my window - it's virtually just across the street at the back of the hotle and dominates the skyline on the view from some rooms.  I quite liked it actually.

Water - for some reason my cold water started cold and then ran hot - bizarre.

Beds, bed covers and pillows - all the beds seem to come with a (fake) fur cover - brown of course - which presumably is very cosy in the winter months.  It was way too warm for that when I was there though.

The beds were really comfy though and for once there were plenty of pillows!!  As someone who likes a nice plumped up pillow it was good to find not one, not two but three feather filled pillows for each bed which is a big improvement on the insipid, flat, one pillow affairs you sometimes get saddled with.

Lifts - they take ages to arrive and I'm not sure they are both connected to the same call button - you're probably best off pressing for them both.
The enterance to the Radisson Graf…
A room at the Grafton
Higton says:
Fabulous. Is brown still the new black? It sounds like living in poo.
Posted on: Sep 26, 2006

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel Overview

The Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel London is located close to many popular destinations and attractions and is easily among the more convenient hotels in London. Guests are less than a mile from Soho, Oxford Street, the British Library, Bloomsbury, the British Museum, Regent’s Park, Fitzrovia, and the University of London. The Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel London is located at 130 Tottenham Court Road, and is 17.4 miles from the London Heathrow Airport.

Guest bedrooms in the Radisson Edwardian Grafton Hotel London will all be furnished with satellite TV, a hair dryer, a mini-fridge and microwave, a personal safe, climate controls, a full-sized bathroom with tub, a beverage station, high-speed Internet access, in room movies, and room service.

Visitors to the hotel can look forward to such amenities as 24-hour front desk service, a lounge with bar service, meeting and conference rooms, laundry and dry cleaning services, a tour desk, an in-house restaurant, valet parking, banqueting facilities, a business service center, a currency exchange, a modern fitness room, and tennis courts.

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes