Radiant Hotel

Check Kathmandu Hotel Deals

Radiant Hotel Kathmandu Reviews

tchinaboy tchinaboy
Charming old man makes you stay for days. Jan 08, 2013
I've come to this place after a friend I met on my trip to Nepal recommended it to me. What can I say? He was right. For a Thamel hotel this is one of the best places for such a cheap price. I stayed there twice on my trip. The first time I stayed with a friend in a twin bedroom with an ensuite bathroom that wasn't sparkling,(none really are in Nepal), but was good enough. We payed 550 Rs. a night (275 each). The next time I was by myself and stayed in a single room with shared bathroom. The bathroom was cleaned every day. I paid 300 Rs. a night in peak season!!

But the price is not the only reason to come to this place. The hotel is owned by a very nice Nepali family. The head of the household is an old man in his late sixties with a remarkably eloquent British-English, who refers to himself as the doorman and guard of the hotel. Very modest, and extremely nice, the man tries very hard to remember the names of all his guests. His two sons also speak good English and are always glad to help.

The place is located in the northern side of Thamel on Z-street.
tchinaboy says:
Indeed he will...
Posted on: Jan 08, 2013
bistari_barelegs says:
Definitely my favourite hotel in Ktm! Unfortunately , I have to report that the owner referred to by Tchinaboy died in November 2012 , aged 80. He will be much missed.
Posted on: Jan 07, 2013