Radegast Hall & Biergarten

113 North 3rd Street, Brooklyn, NY, USA
www.radegasthall.com - (718) 963-3973
Radegast Hall & Biergarten - Samichlaus!
Radegast Hall & Biergarten - need i say more
Radegast Hall & Biergarten - another fine brew

Radegast Hall & Biergarten Brooklyn Reviews

Wunderlust_NYC Wunderlu…
Beer drinking heaven Jan 22, 2013
This is a great place to explore a wide variety of beers from Belgium, Czech Republic, England and Germany in a chill setting in Brooklyn.

If you have the time to take the subway into the next borough, I would recommend this place.

I like my beer - exotic, full and a high ABV percentage. My poisons of choice were the Sinebrychoff Porter from Finland with an ABV of 7%! I wouldn't recommend this for amateurs as Finland knows their alcohol. It's a dark, black beer conveying several aromas of coffee, chocolate and licorice.

The next beer I purchased was the Samiklaus, only available around Dec. 6. It's a called a "sipper" and slowly poured into a goblet by your waiter/waitress. It has an ABV of 14% and considered one of the strongest beers in the world unless you count Norway's homebrew. The color was like coca cola but looks can be deceiving. It's strong and can definitely knock you off your chair - it didn't for me but I needed a nap.

Radegast also serves brunch in a communal setting and you can purchase bratwursts and sauerkraut as well. It's an overall good experience and perfect for an afternoon.
Samichlaus!
mingworm mingworm
Beer, Sausages, Skirts...done deal Mar 04, 2008
This is my kind of place. The best German and Belgian Beers (most of them High-Grav), a full-time open air grill serving up semi-authentic German fare, waitresses in St-Pauli Girl Style dress, and a gorgeous Brick Indoor patio that appears to have once been a textile mill. This has all the elements of the perfect bar!

I was also introduced to one of the best beers I've ever tasted - St. Bernardus Tripel, a belgian trappist high gravity ale with a punchy taste and a smooth fruity finish (nothing beats belgian ales).

As far as food goes, I had two Veal sausages with fries and sauerkraut ($7). The veal was great, but its hard to stomach two of them. The sauerkraut was actually very sweet and mustardy more like a really soggy coleslaw smothered in South Carolina-style BBQ sauce. The sweet mustard that came with the fries was delicious. My friend got the Rosemary Turkey Burger with fries ($8). I had a few bites and was impressed. I remember the bread being very sweet.

If you are ever in the hipster section of Williamsburg, skip the PBR joints and 80s nostalgic Indian lounges and come here. I'll definately be back!
inside