RR&B - Rib Room Restaurant

www.landmarkbangkok.com/rrb.… - +662 254 0404 ext 3100

RR&B - Rib Room Restaurant Bangkok Reviews

newtampo newtampo
Probably the best steak in Bangkok at RR&B Sep 15, 2008
For steak lover, let’s try RR&B steakhouse at Landmark Hotel, near Sukhumwit 6 Road.

I'm the one who loves steak. Wish I could eat it everyday. Anyway to find the best one is not easy. In Thailand we have many steakhouse from high to low price. I tried most of them but not the best one yet.

That evening Ale and I agreed to have steak for dinner. We got a few places in mind then he said he passed one place which said “probably the best steaks in Bangkok”. He didn’t remember the name of the place but said he remember the way.

I agreed but “Is it one thousand baht per dish? If yes, I can eat something else” Haha. He doesn’t know but said ‘just try.”

We took the BTS three times, we lost. So we took a taxi to find it. The taxi said “no steakhouse around here, they all moved.” .. Really? Then we saw the sign in front of me saying “Probably the best steaks in Bangkok.” … Here here!! Stop please!

It’s Landmark Hotel. If Ale told me that it’s at Landmark, I wouldn’t come because the price wouldn’t be normal, I know it! Once when I worked at JWT advertising company, my colleagues and I were sent for advertising training course. After the course I knew why does the company choose this hotel for us. Those two nights three days were bad days for creative. We trained hard, we worked hard - we're tired. But the nice room and good food helped us back! :) From Thai food, Continental food, Japanese food, etc. Wow.

We took an elevator to the 31th floor to RR&B, Rib Room and Restaurant. On the top floor, the first point you will see is the chicest RR&B’s bar. Featuring contemporary design and background music. Line up with vodka and gin bottles.

Inside is the dining area with the open kitchen by talented chefs and the view of the center of Bangkok. If you don’t want the seat with the dark wooden tables, you can choose the ambience and comfort area.

I love their service. All is great. Since you step in, they treat you as a king-queen :D But the price? Yes it's not 1,000THB per dish but it's 1,800-2,000THB!! ooooh mine!

Ok, for some people this is a normal price but for one steak in Thailand, this is quite expensive. But it should be expensive as we pay for the service, for the view, for the chef and for the meat from USA, AUSTRALIA or NEW ZEALAND. For me, since I work and earn my own salary, I haven’t tasted the 2,000 THB per dish in Thailand at all. I can find the cheaper and good one. But we’re already here so why don’t we try, once?

We didn’t order appetizer because they served us a few dishes while we’re waiting for the table. Main course, we ordered two steaks, 350 grams and 250 grams, medium-well. And another dish : Carne cruda, raw beef – Ale’s favorite dish. Even it’s quite expensive but their steak is really wow!!!!! With the bangkok night life view, oh once in my life time ... haha!

The Chef came to greet us after dinner. “It was great.” That only words we said.
My dish
:) waiting for the table
The bar area
Ale and snack / appetizer
newtampo says:
You don't care? So I'll let you pay from now on na :D:D:D THANK YOU SO MUCH ALEEEEEEEEEEE!

Posted on: Jan 26, 2009
aleksflower says:
i don't care who pay or not, and for food i never look at the price list...
if i am ok with the food i pay without check the bill (just to see if they have charged some more for mistake), and in this case, really i did not care...
once i taste the first bite of my tartare and the new's fillet steak...
i said: paradise exist!!
the steaks are really good, the best place in bkk for it!!
expensive ok, but worth the money ;)

Posted on: Jan 24, 2009