RJ Mexican Cuisine

RJ Mexican Cuisine - Flank steak, rice and refried beans

RJ Mexican Cuisine Dallas Reviews

HuBison HuBison
I enjoyed my Tex Mex lunch after wandering downtown West Elm Jul 02, 2011
I went for lunch and their menu was super-affordable. I ordered steak with garlic mash potatoes with grilled veggies for 10 bucks. The restaurant is well decorated and you feel like you are sitting in Spain or modern Mexico with little access to the outdoor heat.

The waiter was kind and he offered his recommendations. My steak was pretty good although he didn't agree a skirt steak was a great. However, it was the garlic mash potatoes that made me drool (I will soon post a pic of me licking the container it came in); they were made with real potatoes and not the powdered ones.

They have an outdoor sitting area, but I went in June 2011 and I almost can't imagine a hotter time to visit Dallas and everyone eating there was eating indoors. Perhaps it is the best place to be in the evening when it cools down at bit.

If you ever end up in Dallas and are walking around downtown or end up in the West End area; then this is a good stop to make for lunch. I am not sure how dinner goes at this place. They are several others restaurants around including The Heart Attack Grill (where you can eat for free if you weigh over 350 pounds, the waitresses are dressed like nurses and doctors, and they advertise that their fries are fried in pure lard! Ugh! How gross!)
Outdoor patio? Not in June in Dal…
Nice interior