RIU Ocho Rios All Inclusive

Check Ocho Rios Hotel Deals

RIU Ocho Rios All Inclusive Reviews

eddieo88 eddieo88
*Warning*Warning*Warning* Jan 26, 2012
My trip to RIU Ocho Rios was the worst vacation experience of my life. On 10 January, 2012, our room was broken into and we were robbed. The (not-so) safe was removed from the wall, and the contents removed from the back. The room safe offers NO security for your expensive items. To date the RIU has offered to compensate me at the rate of less than 50% of the value of our loss, and no compensation for the disruption to our vacation. I do not know if we were targeted because we were at dinner, because we were seen with expensive items (iPad2, dive gear, etc.) or because we were in a suite, or for some other unknown reason. I am very glad we didn't return while the perpetrators were in the room, or we could have been hurt. The rooms lock with a standard key, marked with the room number, which if lost is easily reproduced. Be warned. This is an impoverished country, and crime IS an issue. If you choose to travel to Jamaica, I would recommend leaving anything you're not willing to lose at home. So far, RIU's response to this has been extremely disappointing, to say the least.
1soans 1soans
4 star Hotel Jan 05, 2012
We stayed here for the hoildays for Dec 2011 and this is def not a 5 star and the beach is so small! we ended up traveling to Negril instead :)

The service is not the greatest as our phone, remote control and severel other issues weren't working!!

Food was not good, always ended up leaving the resort to get some good jerk!!

Overall a 4 star and this hotel is old!! :s