Quo Vadis

www.quovadissoho.co.uk - +44 (0) 207 437 9585

Quo Vadis London Reviews

1morespicy 1morespi…
Classic. Mar 14, 2009
I booked a table on the advice of my dad. My mum was coming over from Sweden for the weekend and I wanted us to go somewhere special for a change.

I've walked past Quo Vadis many times over the years. It's one of those places that has stained glass windows so the only way to see the inside is to fork out for a meal.

We arrived at the restaurant at 8.30 on a Saturday evening. The entrance looks more like a miniature hotel lobby. It's all very peaceful and organised.

We were quite early so had our corner of the restaurant pretty much to ourselves. The website describes the food as modern British but everything I saw on the menu was very classic old school stuff. From Beluga caviar and lobster to dover sole and calves brain.

I opted for the Foie gras terrine as a starter, dover sole as main and panna cotta for dessert. The food was all well presented. It was all very good but I've discovered that Foie gras is an acquired taste. It's a bit like eating butter. Won't be choosing that again. The service was outstanding too. Very helpful and discreet. We weren't rushed even though I was told at the time of booking that our table was needed at 9.45. The whole meal, including wine and champagne came to £170 for the two of us.

It was a great experience. It was like travelling back in time to the old Soho. Not sure if I'd go back but I would recommend it if you want a private dining experience without the snobbiness you can sometimes get.
1morespicy says:
We were actually there a lot longer than that. We didn't get hassled once about the time.
Posted on: Apr 05, 2009
londonstudent says:
I think I'd want more than 75 minutes if I were going to fork out that amount!
Posted on: Apr 05, 2009