Quezon Province White Water Rafting

Real, Real, Philippines

Quezon Province White Water Rafting Real Reviews

holdmyhandsforever holdmyha…
Cliff Diving, White Water Rafting to Overcome Fears May 17, 2014
Yes, it is possible to overcome fears through cliff diving and white water rafting. For the first time, I tried jumping off to a river and challenged myself with white water rafting, the newest extreme adventure in Quezon Province.

At first, I felt very nervous thinking the possibilities that our speed boat will sink and then I might be injured. I don't know how to swim! That's the main reason why I felt this way.

In 2004, after a massive flood struck in Brgy. Tanauan, Real, Quezon Province, the locals switched from the malpractice of illegal logging to different eco-tourism activities to sustain their livelihood. Instead of inflatable rafts, the local guides use 'balsa' or makeshift boats made of large tire tubes and bamboo planks. These tubes were previously used for their illegal logging activities. Inspiring, right?

Each boat can fit up to five people. According to our guide, during the rainy season when the current is strong, the experience can be quite thrilling. The lush scenery is more serene and relaxing when the current is not that strong. While enjoying the adventure, you'll pass by the beautiful, picturesque Pinlac and Malalago falls.

Overall, the experience is unforgettable. The adventure is not that dangerous. The local guides were trained by the tourism office so you're secured. The river is really beautiful and it offers a 5-kilometer stretch of wild water current.

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Real Map