Queens Ice and Bowl

17 Queensway, London, United Kingdom

Queens Ice and Bowl London Reviews

sdbleve sdbleve
Apr 02, 2006
Please keep in mind I was traveling with my kids this trip, needed to find lots of things to interest them. On a previous trip to London I stayed near the Queensway area (north of Kennsington Palace). I noticed and had walked into the Queens Ice and Bowl to look around. This seemed like a place that my kids would like, so I took them their on our visit to London. This place has it all. Bowling, Ice Skating, Video Games, and a bar.

It is not a huge bowling alley like we would expect in the US. I think there were about 8-10 lanes for bowling. The lanes are equipped with the retractable bumpers in the gutters so even the younger kids can have a good time. There are automatic scorekeeping machines so even if you don't understand the cryptic scoring rules, you can still see who won the game. And there was a wide selection of bowling balls available for all skill levels. The price point was the same as in the US, but once again the exchange rate makes it more.

Ice skating...what can I say about ice skating. The rink look ok, maybe a bit small compared to rinks in my hometown, but it looked fun. But, we did not skate. My boys have gone rollerblading, but I did not want to risk an injury so early on our vacation.

Video games. Boys (Dad included) and video games...nuff said!

Bar...I try not to drink in front of my kids, so I did not partake.

Overall impression. Fun place, and worth the time to take the kids to.

Location is right beside the Queensway Tube station on the Central Line or a short walk from the Bayswater Station on the Circle & District Line

Check London Hotel Deals