Queen Mine Tours

(520) 432-2071

Queen Mine Tours Bisbee Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Underground Adventure Mar 11, 2013
As much as I hate going under water, I hate going underground more. But to conquer my fear, I have recently been trying to go on tours underground, starting with the tour of the Carlsbad Caverns in 2010. So I'm not afraid to admit that in 2008 when I had the chance to tour the Queen Mine in Bisbee, I did not take it because my fear got the best of me.

Well, I have since gotten better at managing my fear (smile!). My daughter on the other hand is growing to be a dear devil, taking the opportunity to do everything that causes me to get goose bumps. The Mine is cold, so wear something warm, or carry one with you. My husband will tell you it is not cold, but that is because he is from Missouri and he is White, he does not get as cold as I do. Many black people will tell you they are cold when it is 70 degrees (read Harriet).

For the tour, you are given all the gear needed to keep you safe; the slicker, the lantern, the hat, and you are sent riding down the mine in a train. I have a lot of respect for miners after taking this tour; but I could not help feeling afraid. Luckily the tour lasts about an hour and soon we were back above ground.

Tour times are limited to 5 a day, the earliest is 9:00 am. We went on the 10:30 am tour. Other times are 12:00 noon, 2:00 pm and the last one is at 3:30 pm.

Fees: