Queen Elizabeth Park

(604) 873-7000

Queen Elizabeth Park Vancouver Reviews

pacificscorpio pacifics…
The highest point in Vancouver ! Jul 06, 2010
Queen Elizabeth Park is the second most visited park in Vancouver next to Stanley Park. It has some of the most beautiful public gardens anywhere.

The park includes quarry gardens, golf, tennis, lawn bowling, disc golf, the indoor Bloedel Floral Conservatory and a top notch restaurant.

Over 100 birds of various species reside within the dome and are allowed to fly free. Also on display are tropical fish. The Bloedel Floral Conservatory is a lush tropical experience.

About 500 species and varieties of plants from deep jungle to desert climate, all housed within the dome.

Located at Cambie Street at West 33rd Avenue.
Maple Leaf Forever
cookeymuncher says:
Beautiful park! I know I must see this when I get there! I have a friend who lives near this place.
Posted on: Sep 16, 2010
nicolecarp nicoleca…
Boring Times at Queen Elizabeth Park Jan 09, 2009
Before I give my little review I thought I would share a fact about this park: it used to be a rock quarry. Vancouver used this site to begin building of the roads. I was glad to hear they made something beautiful out of the site. Nerdy facts and fun things to do there: lawn bowling, frisbee golf, tennis, mini golf, lounging, picnics with picnic baskets, viewing the rose gardens, hanging out, making out at night (heard the view was pretty awesome), playing tag and the list goes on.

Anyhow, I was trying to find some fun and interesting things to do while in Vancouver BC and well anyone who has some Italian in them knows of Bocce ball. My thought while researching things to do was to go to Queen Elizabeth Park because they have lawn bowling, 'close enough to bocce ball I thought to myself'. Sadly, they must have a very serious schedule because it was closed. It was a big let down to go through the trouble to get there and have it be closed.

So we never found the mini golf either and that's probably because of our our exploratory mode being turned off. The park seems pretty big. We did stop and smell the roses, literally. You know how people tell you that you should "stop and smell the roses"? We did that and it was fantastic for all 5 minutes it occurred. In all seriousness they did have a nice rose garden there.

I think that if you enjoy nature, arboretums and all plant life that survives in Canada that this would be a cool place to just go and relax. We didn't get to spend much time here but was pleasant to look at the scenery and smell the roses.
Heathers thinks she is tough

Related Travel Blogs About Queen Elizabeth Park

I LOVE Vancouver, Canada
Vancouver was planned to be a day trip and now I wish we had planned a lot longer there!!  Vancouver is a beautiful city!!  We started in downtown and as far as sightseeing, drive through, …Vancouver. On our way out of town we decided to stop at Queen Elizabeth Park.  Once again, another beautiful…

Check Vancouver Hotel Deals