Queen & Crescent Hotel

Queen & Crescent Hotel Rates and Deals

Queen & Crescent Hotel New Orleans Reviews

divermedic911 divermed…
Affordable luxury in downtown New Orleans Nov 04, 2012
Queen and Crescent Hotel is a very nice, upscale-looking hotel a few blocks from the Ernest Morial Convention Center, without the upscale price. Still within easy walking distance and easily located to a lot of New Orleans eateries and shopping spots, you can't beat the value you get with the hotel. It is also only a couple blocks from Canal Street.

The girls working the front desk were very cheerful, helpful, and competent. I had problems getting the Internet working in my room, and the front desk kept a friendly, helpful demeanor. Come to find out I wasn't paying attention of what I was clicking on when I tried it myself. However, as the week progressed, I did have issues with getting Internet, but considering the time I was spending out in the French Quarter at night, I did not see much reason to complain tons about it. Also, be advised that the hotel does charge a $9.95 fee per day, starting the day you check in; this is NOT included in the total you pay if you pay ahead of your check-in day.

They were also very helpful in giving me a short list of places around the hotel to eat, since on my shuttle drive from the airport, it looked like many of the restaurants were closed fairly early.

So far, I would have to say that this place is going to get my repeat business! Overall, I would choose this hotel again, despite the lack of Internet from my first trip here.
esterrene esterrene
Great hotel near the French Quarter Aug 08, 2010
The place can be a bit pricey but its a really nice hotel located just a block or two away from the French Quarter. and depending on when you call you can get some good deals.

Loads of amenities such as Free Wifi, very comfy beds, fitness center, free valet parking, business room and more..

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel walls were adorned with original works of art.

I wish I could give more information, but when your visiting New Orleans you don't exactly spend your time at the hotel. :)
free2groove free2gro…
Affordable, and close to Everything! Aug 29, 2009
Located in the central business district (CBD) of New Orleans, the Queen and Crescent offers Location, Location, Location! It is a five minute walk to the French Quarter, and a two minute walk to the nearest street car stop. Art galleries, deli's, and bars are on your block, or within walking distance. The service and ammenities are not 5 star, although they do offer a safe in the room (big plus). For what you pay, this hotel is a steal! I highly reccomend it.
missandrea81 missandr…
Elegant Boutique Hotel near French Quarter Jun 30, 2008
We stayed at the Queen & Crescent Hotel for four nights during our stay in New Orleans. We had booked the room on the Internet. That's why we were a little surprised as we were politely told at check in that there was a mandatory fee of $6.95 per night for WiFi and unlimited local calls. We said we wouldn't need either but had to pay it anyways. I hate being shaken for every penny so I was not very pleased with this. The lady at check in was very polite though so I didn't make a scene. ;)

Our room wasn't in the main building. It was next door and the two buildings are separated from each other by a small street. No biggie though. For security we had to use our room key to get into this building since there was no one in the lobby to check who walks in and out.

Our room on the 3rd floor (yes, there are elevators) was big with a nice king sized bed, a little desk and a TV stand. It was missing a mini fridge which would have been very useful in the days to come, to store some drinks or the left over Gyro from the night before. ;)

I spotted a stain on one of the throw pillows but decided to just throw it in the corner and not worry about it. The rest of the sheets were clean though.

The bathroom was also a good size, well lit and very clean with enough towels for two.

Now I have one bone to pick with the room. The windows were a joke. They might as well remove them and wall the place up. You couldn't see ANYTHING out of them. I had only seen windows like these in basements before. But I'm guessing the view would not have been enjoyable anyways so I shut the curtains and ignored them for the rest of the stay. lol

As to the room service. We got fresh towels every day and the bed was neatly made when we got back from exploring.

Not a bad place to stay even though the neighborhood looked a bit shady to me at first but since the hotel is only 3 blocks from Canal Street and 6 from Bourbon Street I guess I can't complain too much.

If I left out anything you might be interested in don't be afraid to ask!
The lobby/Check in
The lobby/side building
Our room
A bit dark, hotel from the outside
missandrea81 says:
Well, you can't see things as bad all the time. lol I made the best out of it! ;)
Posted on: Jul 12, 2008

• Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower