Quartino

Chicago, Illinois

Quartino Chicago Reviews

osgoodst osgoodst
Delicious, Economical, and Classy May 19, 2009
Quartino is basically Italian Tapas and is my favourite place to get a bite to eat in Chicago. It features a menu of antipasta, pizza, pasta, and italian meat dishes along with wine, beer and desert. Be sure to check out their website for special wine and beer tastings.

It is owned by chef gibson, who owns gibson steak which is a high profile steakhouse which was on the american TV show Top Chef Chicago. The vision of the resturant is to be an affordable place where people can get a gourmet meal. The portions are small, but delicious. For antipasto I recomend the duck proscuito, which comes with some classic sauces for dipping and the provolone cheese.

The restaurant has an upstairs, downstairs, and a bar area, which is where we chose to hang out. You can get reservations online (see metromix chicago). It specializes in Italian cuisine. The bar was vibrant with a mix of businessmen, drunk people, people watching hoops.... overall a good group.

The food is about 10 bucks an entree, you can make your own pasta dish which is pretty cool, they give you a checklist and you choose what you want. It’s also a pizzeria, making New York thin crust. They also have your basic and some pretty sexy appetizers and salads, its also a very new hang out so it actually had a pretty elite looking crowd hanging out in some of the back areas.

Drinks specialize in San Grea, Wines, Martinis, and beer. My mom got pretty sloshed on her San Grea, and appeared to be pretty satisfied with it. I will be visiting this place again... and again.. and again...
quartino
antipasto: Duck Proscuitto, Prova…
bonnie and the quartino outdoor ar…
xlavinho xlavinho
WARNING, major tourist trap! Nov 25, 2009
Went there on my first day in Chicago. I travel a lot to Italy every year so I know a bit about Italian food. Unfortunately, at Quartino's, they don't.. The pasta is undercooked, the meat is overfried and the vegetables are unripe. My general impression was that the food was micro wave prepared.

I've read some rewiews on google, and I'm not sure if we have visited the same restaurant, or if the other guests never have been to Italy...

We were a party of three and had the sun dried tomato soup (3$), the fettucine (9$), the veal milanese (21$ - overpriced) and a salad (don't remember which one). The waiter recommended us to have several dishes to combine, but we were too hungry to wait for all the different foods, so we ordered separately - which we were happy to have done when we later realised how bad the food was..

The environment inside was not that cozy because the main restaurant area on the ground floor was too spacious.

The only positive thing were the toilets, clean and free from bad odour.

If you want real Italian food in Chicago, go to the Italian Village in the Loop. Great food at average prices and in a genuine Italian environment.

Check Chicago Hotel Deals