Quartier Gourmand

+32 02 503 20 08

Quartier Gourmand Brussels Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Perfect place on a sunny noon Jul 22, 2012
If you are entering the artistic and very laid back quarter of Les Marolles from the elevator tower next to the Parliament in Brussels you are stepping out in one of my favourite places in Brussels. The little square is full of outdoor cafés and restaurants and it is a place that never loses its ambiance. I have been there almost every time I am in Brussels and especially with persons that don’t know the city quite well. We arrived at the square at the little square just before 11 am after a quite long night the day before. I had stayed at many of the neighbourhoods small café's or restaurants by I have never tried the Quartier Gourmand. We decided to sit down as the first outsiders at 11 am but we were soon followed by others.

We ordered a couple of Lait Russe, which is the same as Café Latte and I took a croissant because I had been to lazy to visit the breakfast at the hotel earlier that morning. While we were sitting there hundreds of people walked by on their stroll of Les Marolles and many were heading for the market at Place du Jeu de Balle where we would head later. The weather was fabulous and we were just sitting there enjoying all the action on the little square. The owner arrived in his little SMART that he had used to pick up groceries and beers for his restaurant and soon after the whole kitchen staff were helping him empty it. Around noon the square was almost full of people and all the outdoor seats were almost taken. We decided to have a cold beer before we moved on and we just took some Vedett Blonde's, that I like on a warm day. Suddenly there were 6 people waiting the tables and the service was quite fast, when they could remember their order - it happened that some were forgotten but it was quite fast fixed again.

The restaurant was a quite large lunch restaurant and the plates with food that were presented to us by just being given to the other guests in the restaurant looked really nice and we more than considered twice if we should eat lunch there or not, which we finally didn’t do because we wanted to see more of Les Marolles before we decided what to do.
The outside area
The menu
My first beer of the day

Check Brussels Hotel Deals