QuanJuDe Roast Duck Restaurant

010 6511 2418
QuanJuDe Roast Duck Restaurant - Slicing the roast duck
QuanJuDe Roast Duck Restaurant - Duck certificate
QuanJuDe Roast Duck Restaurant - Quanjude Restaurant, Dongchéng branch
QuanJuDe Roast Duck Restaurant - The duck, being carved tableside.
QuanJuDe Roast Duck Restaurant - The duck, skin, and pancakes.
QuanJuDe Roast Duck Restaurant - The duck card.

QuanJuDe Roast Duck Restaurant Beijing Reviews

princeza_9 princeza…
Touristy but good Beijing Roast Duck Apr 16, 2008
Of the foods I wanted to make sure my guests (my parents) had when they visited, Beijing Roast Duck was at the top of the list. So walking along the main street in Wangfujing, we stopped at the Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant in one of the hutongs. We were immediately greeted upon entering, shown to the elevator to the fourth floor and brought to our table. We had attentive service, and the duck was excellent. We ended up ordering off the "For 3 People" menu, though we could've done without so many of the extras (and saved us some money) since all we really needed was the duck, the pancakes, the sauce and the fruit plate at the end. Our waitress even showed us how to eat the duck with the pancakes.

Besides the extras, one would think that a restaurant that has a lot of tourists would carry some forks & knives for those not well-versed in chopsticks. I had asked for a set, but they did not have any. Other than that, my experience at the Wangfujing Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant was very good. I do recommend this location, as I have not been to the others.
The duck card.
The duck, being carved tableside.
The duck, skin, and pancakes.
Biedjee Biedjee
Mandatory Beijing Experience Jun 15, 2008
Peking Duck is synonymous to Beijing cuisine. Naturally there are many places in the city that serve the crispy roasted bird, but the most famous of all is the Quanjude restaurant chain, which now has 6 branches around town.

Though the thought of a 5-story restaurant packed with tourists sampling Beijing's most famous dish can be a bit off-putting, the reality is actually not all that bad. Yes, it is a big place, and yes they serve so many ducks it could resemble a food factory rather than a restaurant, but the actual dining rooms are small and cosy and the staff quite attentative (unlike what is written in the Lonely Planet) topping up your tea regularly and happy to give you instructions on how to eat the sliced duck and pancakes.

The duck itself is delicious. As a specialty the Quanjude recipe stipulates that ducks are roasted over fruit-tree wood, giving it a special fragrance.

As a nice bonus each duck comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Quanjude Restaurant, Dongchéng br…
Slicing the roast duck
Duck certificate
ophirh ophirh
Mar 29, 2006
Me and my buddies went to the famous duck restaurant to have our treat of Duck meal. The place is very old, been open since 1864 and they already served 115 million ducks!!! when you order a whole duck you get a note with the serial number of your duck (ours was 115,186,847).

The duck itself is amazing, much better than in the normal chinese restaurants, and the plum sauce is amazing.

The restaurant is really recommended, and it's better to reserve a place upfront, although worst case you wait half an hour.

Related Travel Blogs About QuanJuDe Roast Duck Restaurant

Tiananmen Square, Flag Raising Ceremony At Dawn
We did a lot of walking around today!!  After resting our weary bones for awhile in the hot tubs, (The hot water jets feel great on sore legs and feet!)  We went upstairs to get changed and…Beijing Wangfujing Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant. They were within short walking distance of the hotel, and were highly recommended because…
my memorable trip to tibet on may
I joined a small travel group to tibet on May,i will never forgot tibet ,so beautiful and mystical,the refrrrence ininerary is as following: Tour Route:Beijing--Lhasa--Gyangtze--Shigatse--Lhasa--S…Beijing roasted duck dinner is served for you at a famous Quanjude restaurant in the evening. Accommodation: 4 Star Hotel…

Check Beijing Hotel Deals