Quality Hotel Waterfront Alesund

Quality Hotel Waterfront Alesund Rates and Deals

Quality Hotel Waterfront Alesund Reviews

gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Small but modern room with a good layout Aug 11, 2016
We stayed at Quality Hotel Waterfront in Ålesund for one night in August 2016. It was easy to find the hotel with the rental car and we unloaded our luggage outside the reception. I asked at the reception where I could park there car and I was told that there was a parking garage next door. This cost 180 Norwegian kroner (22 USD) for 24 hours. Later on I found out that there are cheaper alternatives nearby. But parking in the garage at least gave me direct access to the hotel even if you have to go through some hallways that seemed to be mostly for staff. So I did get lost the first time I tried to find my way and the same happened to the rest of my family.

We checked in and got room 423. The check in was friendly and fast but the guy that was checking us in seemed to have some problems handling some Italians that couldn’t find their way to the room. The same guy also had trouble explaining the parking rules to a French guy when I was checking out.

The room had wooden floor, light walls and some dark furniture. It was smaller than average from what I could tell but it was pretty neatly decorated with a huge photo over the bed, some funky chairs etc. The bed was comfortable and provided a good night sleep. There was a desk and chair and under the desk we found a small fridge that was empty – it seems like this is the new standard at the Norwegian hotels. The flat screen TV mounted on the wall worked fine. We had not gotten any information about the internet when we checked in so we had to call the reception to get the wifi password. The wifi didn’t work very well and I was informed by the hotel that this was due to some technical problems. I was happy to see that there was an ironing board and a proper iron in the wardrobe – even if the wardrobe space seemed very limited.

The bathroom was also small but very modern and fresh. Tiled with black, white and yellow tiles it was a pretty funky looking bathroom. There were more or less no amenities and in the shower there was just one dispenser for soap – to be used as both shampoo and shower gel. One annoying thing about the bathroom was the automatic light. If I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night I don’t really want to have the light on but maybe that is just me.

The location of the hotel is good – only a few minutes to walk to downtown. The town is not that big so you can cover a lot of foot anyway. There are grocery stores and restaurants within 5-10 minute walk.

The breakfast was good but the restaurant was a bit crowded and tables were a bit close. The chairs were strange and were not very comfortable to sit it. And to top it all: they did not have strawberry jam, proper Norwegian brown goat cheese and honey to have as spread on a piece of bread. These are normally basic ingredients in a Norwegian breakfast buffet.

All in all: a modern room with a good layout in a hotel that is centrally located. I would not mind staying here again next time I head to Ålesund!

Quality Hotel Waterfront Alesund Overview

Located in central Alesund, Quality Hotel Waterfront A…lesund is near the airport and close to Alesund Church, Color Line Stadium, and Sukkertoppen. Nearby points of interest also include Atlanterhavsparken.

Hotel Features.
Quality Hotel Waterfront A…lesund's restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. A bar/lounge is open for drinks. The hotel serves a complimentary breakfast. Recreational amenities include a health club. This 3.5-star property offers technology support staff and audio-visual equipment. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas and the hotel has a computer station. This Alesund property has 10764 square feet of event space consisting of a conference center, banquet facilities, and conference/meeting rooms. For a surcharge, the property offers a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request). Wedding services, concierge services, and tour/ticket assistance are available. Other property amenities at this Art Deco property include a marina, multilingual staff, and express check-in. This is a smoke-free property.

196 guestrooms at Quality Hotel Waterfront A…lesund feature minibars and windows that open. Accommodations offer city, ocean, or sea views. Beds come with signature bedding. Furnishings include desks, ergonomic chairs, and sofa beds. Bathrooms feature showers. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. 32-inch high-definition televisions have cable channels. Guests may request irons/ironing boards and hair dryers. A nightly turndown service is offered and housekeeping is available daily. Guestrooms are all non-smoking.

A marina and a health club are featured at the hotel.

The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby, fees may apply.

Quality Hotel Waterfront Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels