Quad Biking with Nature Cambodia/Blazing Trails

Near Choeung Ek, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Quad Biking with Nature Cambodia/Blazing Trails Phnom Penh Reviews

christl3 christl3
Epic Times Nov 19, 2012
In order to participate in the quad biking trip you have to email the organisers through their site www.nature-cambodia.com and request the date you'd like to do the trip. They will then get back to you via email. The company will organise a tuk-tuk to pick you up from your hostel or hotel and it will bring you there free of charge on the 40 minute long journey.

There are multiple types of trips you can do in the quad bikes. The one we did was the sunset tour which takes about an hour and a half. It costs $25 if one person is on their own on the quad bike and an extra $12.50 if you have another person. So if you both ride the same quad and switch over half way it costs $18 dollars each. There is also a full day tours which range from $55 - $110.

The trip is through rural countryside in Cambodia. Although the site itself is located not far outside of the city, it is suprisingly remote. As the quads speed by the mucky, dust-ridden, pot-holed roads of these tiny villages surrounded by luscious greenery, fields and rice-paddies the local children race after the bikes with smiles plastered across their faces, laughing and holding their hands out for you to give them hi-fives! These enthusiastic and welcoming children made the trip for me.

The countryside you go through is breathtaking and you are subjected to all of the wonderful elements around you on the open-air quads. Cows block your way occasionally by wandering onto the road, they either stare at you forbodingly or shimmy off, terrified of the noise the quads make.

Driving the quads is very easy as they are automatic.

On the sunset tour they stop 15 minutes before the end and you drink coconut juice and watch the sun go down in the middle of a totally remote setting. If you are planning on changing driver half way you will have to judge when to change yourself because the guide will not let you know when you are half way. When you stop for the coconuts, this is not half way, it's about 15 minutes before then! So you'll have to stop yourselves.

This is definitely a great way to see rural Cambodia and see how the other half live there. The children are charming :D

It is great fun. I highly recommend it!
applewoman applewom…
What an adventure! Jul 24, 2012
We took the afternoon tour by quad. We got a pick-up from our hostel by tuk-tuk.

I’ve never driven a quad before and they ensured me that this wouldn’t be a problem. It was raining very hard when the tour started so I wasn’t feeling save at all cause I had my 11-year old son on the back.

Luckily there were only two other people joining this tour, also on one quad. So there were two quads with two guides.

After some time the other couple went on their own with the first guide – so they could drive around at their pace - and ‘my’ guide stayed with me all the time. Great service!

The trip is so great!!! I really recommend it. You really go off the beaten track and drive through a village in the countryside. Don’t forget to bring sweets or pencils for the kids. There are a lot of them always laughing, shouting ‘hello’ or just waving when you pass by. My son felt like Santa Clause! ;)

The countryside is amazing!!! But do bring clothes that may get dirty cause we were covered with mud from the waist till down! ;) and it’s a challenge to drive the muddy roads. I hurt myself quite bad when I try to stop the quad with my feet. Stupid me! ;-)

But although I hurt myself, still so glad I experienced this adventure. I really, really recommend this amazing trip!
Driving through the villages.
View during our trip.
Driving through the villages.
View of rice fields during our tri…

Check Phnom Penh Hotel Deals