Quad Biking in the Egyptian Desert

Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt

Quad Biking in the Egyptian Desert Sharm El Sheikh Reviews

SamsTravels SamsTrav…
Quad Biking in the Egyptian Desert Dec 04, 2010
Quad Biking in the Egyptian Desert from Sharm el Sheikh Was truly amazing and was such a thrill! The sunset over the Desert Mountains was picturesque! The instructor Cameal was very professional and took us unto the dessert just the pair of us which was really special. This just happened to be by coincidence, so when we wanted to go later on in our trip again, we requested the same guide and paid him a little cash in hand (£10) for another private tour. He really made our trip amazing and I would highly recommend him, I do believe its ATS Tours that he deals with.

Because of this we spent longer in the dessert and were completely away from the other tours which can consist of up to 30 people. I can not describe how amazing it feels just to be 3 people alone in the wilderness of the vast black dessert at night time, it’s an experience I definably won’t be forgetting in a hurry. We got to really put our foot down travelling up to 40mph on our Quads through the dessert terrain. Our Guide Cameal who is awesome as I said, he was so great and took us to a place in the dessert where you can do some really big jumps, it was so thrilling and you couldn’t help but should Wooo Whooo and scream in excitement. He also took us to the remotest outer edges of the dessert, which involved rougher ground and was much more challenging.

There were a few stop offs at drink stations which gave us an insight to life for those in the desert. This was really nice too as it gave opportunity for some great sunset photos which was a real delight.

If you do decide to go Quading be sure to take something to put on your shoulder and a back pack if your taking a bag with you, as it gets a tad chilli at night. Also make sure that you bring your own head scarf and goggles, they are cheaper in the local markets as you will get charged a premium on site although to be fair it’s still cheap! Helmets are provided which is a must, a lot of companies don’t offer this and it is really dangerous. I really enjoyed this, the only downside if you can really down it a downside is that after a while your hands may ache form gripping too tightly and moving the accelerator bar forward on the handle. Just ask for a newer quad and this will stop that happening.

We booked this activity through the hotel (Delta Sharm hotel) and the Rep Ali was amazing at fitting us in for some last minute bookings. If your going to Sharm this is a must do activity and should not be missed. We had not planned to do this when going to Egypt and it was something that out hotel had offered to us on arrival. I am do glad we did it (twice) its about £15.00 for 4 hours so really a bargain.

Loved Every Screaming minute!!
travelingJacq says:
Sounds like a trip I wouldn't mind making! :-}
Posted on: Feb 03, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Quad Biking in the Egyptian Desert

Quading in the Dessert
So we have arrived and like the hotel. So what now!! We decided to hit the hotel reception ask find out some info from our rep! Quad Biking in the Egyptian Desert from Sharm el Sheikh Was truly amaz…Quad Biking in the Egyptian Desert from Sharm el Sheikh Was truly amazing and was such a thrill! The sunset…

Check Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Deals