Qiniwak Hotel Kashgar

Check Kashgar Hotel Deals

Qiniwak Hotel Kashgar Reviews

Safro Safro
Slightly old fashioned hotel May 16, 2011
Well my review on this might be a bit biased by the fact that half of the building where we stayed was still under construction so the corridors were literally opened on the oustide with at the end a wooden gate before the void :P

The remaining of the building looked a bit old so did the rooms the hotel was probably a must in the 70s. But having said that the rooms were clean and acceptable.

That was in May 2011 so I guess a year or two from there they would have finished all the construction work and it might look a bit better but the location is good you're 10 minutes away from the big mosque.

The restaurant on the right side when you get out of the hotel(I forgot the name) is a good alternative if you're a bit fed up with eating mouton and would fancy some western food :P
Biedjee Biedjee
The best value in Kashgar? Not any more! Jul 15, 2010
Recommended by travel guides as the best value deal in Kashgar and they are right - well, almost. The hotel consists of two buildings, one building which formerly occupied the British Consulate (the consulate's office is now a pub) and one, newer, “international building”.

The old building is the cheaper of the two (though the sneaky reception staff might not tell you this in order to try and sell you a more expensive room). The rooms are newly refurbished and well-equipped with A/C, TV and private bathroom. Nothing wrong with that.

The best deal however are the dorms, which are essentially triple rooms for which they charge RMB 50 per bed. These rooms come with the same amenities as the singles or doubles and are really good value.

Other amenities are a restaurant, a pool bar (in the former British Consulate's office) and a coffee corner with wi-fi.

So far so good. Unfortunately the staff is terrible. My room did not have hot water, so I called reception to report it. They told me to wait 10 minutes and then it would be warm. It wasn't. When I asked to change room all of a sudden they wanted me to pay more money. The rooms in the new building cost nearly double (even though at check-in I was told there was no difference between the rooms). Another room in the same price bracket was not available, or at least, that is what I assume was the case, as I was told to wait at reception without being given any explanation. More than 15 minutes later I was told they had fixed the shower and it should be warm again. All this time I had not been given any explanation as to why I had to wait, so I had gone and checked out the brand new hotel next door and found a better room there for less. So I told the receptionist at the Qinibagh that I wanted to check out. Then refused to give me my money back, for no apparent reason. She couldn't really explain me why I had to pay for a room which I had not reserved in advance, which I had not stayed in and which I had not been able to use.

So if you want a really great value deal in Kashgar? Head to the Qini Bagh hotel, but then stay at the Hotel Eden next door!
The old building of the Qini Bagh
Qini Bagh hotel entrance
Qini Bagh International Building
Lobby of the old building
sylviandavid says:
Excellent advice on Hotel Eden (does it have a garden? ) .... It is annoying when they set it up so you'll have to pay for an upgrade...
Posted on: Apr 16, 2012

Qiniwak Hotel Kashgar Overview

It is one of the best hotel on Kashgar city, especially the characteristic local cuisine. Qiniwak in Wei language means 'beautiful garden', Initially, the hotel is a UK Representive of Kashgar, now it became the site of Indian Parkistani Embassy which is located right in the hotel's garden, this site has already come to be one of the most important destination for tour guests.

Check Kashgar Hotel Deals